US Record stores

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Are any of you US citizens aware of any record stores in the US which don't have a minimum order and have good quick "professional" service?

My best performers in terms of quickness and no minimum are Breakbeat Science and Groovetech. VIP and Music ESP are slow and often have out of stock items listed on the site that backs up every order. Planet X, you already know about - eh. I've been ordering alot more from the better UK shops and GEMM lately just because the new records I want don't get to the states fast enough on their own or they are classics that I can only find at some tiny shop in England through GEMM or at Classic Trax. Hope that helps even the tiniest bit.

i've had nothing but good service from breakbeat science. they are usually very friendly as well as professional. keep pretty up to date, and they also get good records in. especially on the promo side. they are one of the big distributors in the usa, along with compound records out of san francisco. i've worked with them a couple times, but they don't seem to be as up to date on the website, and it take longer to ship from ca to nc. but that's just because i'm in north carolina. compound does have $4.99 backstock sales pretty regularly though. so that's nice. every 12" single in stock is $4.99. fill out the back catalog with tracks you always wanted but passed up for new shit.

Does BBS accept money orders for records? I don't have a credit card.

I use BBS and pay via Money Order COD to the UPS man... But it costs an extra six dollaz$$$$$$:thumbsd: but I really have no choice... plus the 2 dollars they charge you to stuff the box full of DB, High Contrast and Reid Speed flyers:finger:

so basically every order costs me $8 plus shipping

I have no credit card, i HAD A DEBIT CARD BUT THEY WILL TRY VERY HARD TO FUCK YOU WITH THAT* and I am now attempting a boycott of the banking system

*massive overdraft fees, $30 each this can add up when your payroll co. is out of state and sometimes takes over a week for your paycheck to clear but by then its too late greedy fuckers wont listen they just want to bleed you dry.

if any stateside people know a better shop- holla!

I'm too far away from the city to be able to get there easily I'm afraid. My experiences shopping at that store in person are rarely good as well. It really feels like one of those stereotypical independent record stores where the clerks act like snobs and act like they could care less about your patronage. :(

The best record store in the city I would have to say is Sonic Groove hands down. They really go out of their way to make you happy even if it means digging around in their basement for 10 minutes looking for an old Sub Base record. Unfortunatly Sonic Groove doesn't stock new DnB but rather minimal techno. I'll tell you though, the friendlyness of that store is almost enough to make a techno collector out of a dnb collector.

PS: For those that don't know the word "Dollaz" is actually spelt "Dollars". Its ok, when I learn a second language I'll probably make simmilar mistakes.

Last edited:
Originally posted by 1992

PS: For those that don't know the word "Dollaz" is actually spelt "Dollars". Its ok, when I learn a second language I'll probably make simmilar mistakes.

there is no smiley to tell if you are joking or not.

I hope you are, talking of friendly record stores n' what-not, while being unfriendly would just be fucking cuntish

FYI I type like I speak

ps it is spelt "similar"

so please tell me you aint a fuckin cunt cuz if you are I will have to make this my last post:burn:

Good Greif, I didn't even see that post. Yeah DOA is where the "cunts" hang out and look, I'm not there :)

Thanks for the advice guys. I bought the records I wanted from BBS, only thing that sucked is that I had to 'beg' my mother to order them with here credit card. :repuke:

Back
Top Bottom