urban exploration aka URBEX

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by CRoOK, Jan 4, 2011.

1. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

anyone else interested? got a love of derelict places, mostly as you can paint them, but true urbexer's hate writers. checked out a few forums and hit an old mental asylum in surrey over xmas. will post flicks if my mate ever puts them up... in the mean time here is a forum link and a cool short film from new york

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

yeah ive done a few bits of this when i moved into a house that used to be on the site of an old mental asylum, a few of the buildings where still there while they built all the houses.

check out this site, its about the place, few pics and all that http://www.rotherham-images.co.uk/sheffield-gallery-six.htm

3. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

that place looks sick fran! the aeriel shots make it look fucking massive. i suppose its all gone now?
    so far the best place ive been to is the Canadian Red Cross Memorial hospital, sadly gone now, but the place was incredible, all the beds and wheelchairs still there. everything falling to bits and paint peeling except strangely the childrens ward where the disney characters are still painted perfectly on the walls..

4. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

love this kinda shiiit!

Me and Rocks have found loads of mad derelict places over the years. Might have to hit some off this site tho!

Could even be good places to paint?

5. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

was pretty creepy, i got in the clock tower building, was all records on the floor and all that, one of the floors had just caved in and apparently there is a secret tunnel from one building to another. only things that are still there are that, the church and one massive ward building, but they had turned that into flats before i moved there. it is a HUGE site tho, id say over a thousand houses.

id heard a some guy barracked himself in the church and refused to take his medication and ended up setting it on fire.

just watched that vid u posted up, pretty insane new york, would love to see all the abandoned tube stations in london.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

not the mental hospital but here is a sheffield urbex'er (if thats what you call em)

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

that video gets abit trippy in the last half. guys got issues.... lol

6. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

7. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Me and my mate once found an abandoned warehouse when we climbed the fence and crossed a railtrack by my school. All the windows were smashed and there was giant weeds growing in there (higher than trees). Was proper cool. Had a few spliffs there.

8. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Have you heard of the Indian version?
    Turbex

(get's coat)

9. ilovelondon

ilovelondon Call me Jens.

i believe joey has done some urbex'ing in manchester last year too...

10. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

better show me a few for a quiet paint when the weather is more bearable!

a bit trippy?! whenever i urbex now im expecting to hear that guys demented cackles and find him wanking in a corner smeared in pigeon shit

thats a fucking cool site!

11. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Dont let the people on places like 28days here yu saying that, they want them kept in their current condtions

12. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I do quite a bit of it. Abandoned hospitals, asylums, factories, abotoirs (sp?).

Got thousands of pics, i'll dig some up.

I took this at an abandoned villa/hotel in portugal:

:)

13. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

14. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

15. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Found a few pics i took of the villa in portugal a few years back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i took this from the roof of an abandoned hospital:

[​IMG]

Been to plenty of asylums, hospitals and military places. Going llanberis ammunition depot soon, its in wales, theres a massive abandoned mansion near there too.

A girl i kind of know does this A LOT. Check out this album in her fan pages facebook

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=299119&id=147880120369

Theres some right gems hidden over the UK. Abandoned asylums are my favorite. When i visited West Park asylum there was the Art room (yanno how mental people are encouraged to draw and stuff), and it was all left in there, like theyd just got up and left. The wierdest, most fucked up shit you could ever think of, on paper in pencil, charcoal, paint etc. And in a matrons office there were papers all over the desk including patient discharge forms and stuff.

Im going to chernobyl and Pripyat in a few months, cant wait.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  16. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

yeh, they despise writers. i kinda understand why, but if your gonna go on a mission getting into somewhere completly derelict and probably soon to be knocked down, why not leave your name in huge letters on the wall?

there is an abandoned holiday village on an island off scotland, the place looks raw but you need to a boat to get there. ive read about these entire empty cities in china. built recently but after the recession no one can afford to move there, article here - http://www.metro.co.uk/news/851016-introducing-chinas-modern-ghost-town

@dedbult, that villa looks pretty sick. when you planning on that wales mission?

17. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

If its gonna be knocked down why go to the effort of writing your name in huge letters? ;)

Its all about preserving it for other people man.

Ive been to hospitals that people go to quite often, and theres like bottles of amoxicillin that had been sitting there for 30 years. And theres like xrays all over the tables, and operating room lights on stands and stuff.

Would be proper fucking lame if i went in there and there was "CUNT" or "JOE WAZ ERE" in massive letters all over the place. =P

Only thing i'd take from a place is when i go chernobyl, i want to take an old gas mask (thousands of em all over pripyat anyway, haha.)

I'll probably be heading up to wales for llanberis and the mansion in a few weeks perhaps.
    llanberis is awesome, it was used during the war as a stop off point for underground railways taking ammunition all over the UK. The bit in this pic was one day completly covered and completly underground, but a massive explosion on one of the deliveries destroyed it. It still goes down quite deep, and goes deep into the mountains.
    [​IMG]

18. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

well cos you get to create something on a space that will be destroyed, its practice and you can get flicks! also id like to think my pieces are a bit more interesting than "cunt" and "joe woz ere" haha. chernobyl would be the maddest place to go, but i dunno if id take anything from there, radioactivity in your house is not the one. im gonna have to check out that llanbris place in the summer, more daylight hours then

19. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

I just got a hate for shit like that on something so awesome. Decent graff is nice to look at on my train journey to work or to brighten up something thats pretty mundane. But just think it ruins shit like this because its already awesome, dont need someone with a spray can to make it better. But hey, just my opinion. lol =P

Yeah im going with a good mate.
    Check out this video. Fucking amazing.
    Quite long but you can kinda skip through it. Definately recomending sparking one and sitting down and watching it. Seriously fascinating. lol.

Im more interested in pripyat than the actual reactor in chernobyl really, because everyone literally got up and left. Its the definition of a ghost town =P

20. JJEC

JJEC Active Member

Leebotwood, Shropshire, United Kingdom, United Kin
    Looks like on cod4 a lot. Especially the ferris wheel. And the swimming pool!