upgrading turntables

djdozer

set 'im up...............
im currently using gemini xl300s. they are fine but i feel they limit my ability so am looking to upgrade.From what im told technics 1210s seem like the best decision. Ive also looked at stanton ST150s . Could anyone help me out here? Which should i go for? Any other options would also be appreciated. :confused:

I own a pair of 1210s (which I've extensively modded) and a pair of Citronic PD45s. The missus owns a pair of Stanton ST150s. For those that don't know the PD45s are the same deck as the 150 but without the Stanton badge or keylock feature.

The PD45s and ST150s are easily as good as the 1210s, probably better. The PD45s and 1210s are about the same age, but the PD45s still feel new and crisp compared to the Technics. The build quality of the ST150s is definately better than the 1210s, the PD45s are about equal to 1210s.

Lots of people will tell you Technics but how many of those have owned, or even tried, the Stantons? I say go for whichever is cheapest, neither will let you down. You could probably get the Citronics cheaper than the other two.

im currently using gemini xl300s. they are fine but i feel they limit my ability so am looking to upgrade.From what im told technics 1210s seem like the best decision. Ive also looked at stanton ST150s . Could anyone help me out here? Which should i go for? Any other options would also be appreciated. :confused:

Mate..... what are you looking for??

Heavy Lump of metal that will last you decades???

Then go for the 1210's

Tempramental lumps of metal with a few bits of cheaply made technology stuffed inside with a straight or S shape tone arms that will last about 5 years???

Then go for the Stantons

Or....... Decks that have been researched through actual real life situations and real life conditions. Decks that have been co-designed with DJs and producers alike. Well made electronics and crystal clear tone arm and a VERY powerfull DC motor. Looks the nuts.... slightly plastic... <<-- only downfall....... That will last you just as long as Technics if not longer.... as long as you dont drop them from a hight!

Then go for VESTAX PDX-2000's or PDX 2300's

Trust me i have the PDX-2000 mkII Pros..... fukin wicked!! had 1210's before.... and these just blow the socks of them!! wouldnt be without them!
Technics feel like a piece of piss when you've been mixin on Vestax's.

1200s/1210s or nothing......

dont be dragged into all the shit the other decks have

+50pitch ,, reverse,, 2 buttons 2 start and stop
its all bullshit

get a pair of technics

clubs have 1210s .......if ure gonna be playin out... it makes sense to get used to the decks

trust me,,, im a doctor

its all bullshit

They don't affect the deck's performance though. Besides, even Technics have an adjustable pitch range and adjustable brake. With a little modding they can reverse too

clubs have 1210s .......if ure gonna be playin out... it makes sense to get used to the decks

trust me,,, im a doctor

this is true!! but once you've mixed on Vestaxs for a while.... Technics are a piece of piss.... Ive had both..... and to the day i die ill always recomend Vestax.

Technics <--- Built to last

Vestax <--- Built for a DJ

1200s/1210s or nothing......

dont be dragged into all the shit the other decks have

its all bullshit

get a pair of technics

Straw man argument.

One point about the PDX - torque?

Still I'd advise the Technics just to play on the same outdated expensive decks that you can find in most clubs.

we can beat this topic to death all day like a dead horse but like cars, in the end as much as we differ as people we will differ in our opinion on things like what car we drive, what turntables we use etc, as in our particular preference will TO US will be what is best...

most people that aren't retards will like technics, idiots will like the other crappy plastic rotating microwave oven platters with tonearms on them.

i have had a pair of stantons,numark,and technics. technics are by far superior.dont waste your money on anything else cuz in the end you will eventally but the technics

What ones though? It's pointless comparing belt drives or lower level directs to Technics

Back
Top Bottom