UPDATE! ARTFX - Shiki WIP

Oh! Like the tribal intro! And the drop is nice 2! Good variation.
But something is missing. Sub bass perhaps?

(Or could it be my guitar-amplifier-speaker-thingy that is filtering out the bass...?) Nah...

Anyway, Good job mate!

I like this alot better then Deadly desires man! Tho your drums sound a bit flat when the bass hits through out the song, maybe sidechain the kick would help.

Try removing all the sub that's coming out of MASSIVE and make a sub with another plugin. (I use Albino 3 for subs). Massive's sub is weak compared to albino 3 imo.

Try removing all the sub that's coming out of MASSIVE and make a sub with another plugin. (I use Albino 3 for subs). Massive's sub is weak compared to albino 3 imo.

No Massive is able to make decent subbass, got a new version that I done today. Took all the levels down in my mixer and started from the beginning again.
Got some pretty banging sub right now, but I'm feeling that maybe it is a little too much. I'll upload the new version tomorrow after a last checkup round.

nasty nasty bassline. sick. i would get a bit more punch and bottom end by bumping the EQ of the kick and snare and bring the main mid bass down in the mix a little - keep it aggressive, but sit it back a little. good stuff.

what program u in? FL? or Logic? Cant remember... ESX24 default for sub :D

---------- Post added at 03:23 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

This is fucking heavy by the way. Yeah not enough sub as the lads say...

Main mid bassline is fackin mental! i think the kick needs some more subby punch too.

Bad little tune. I think you need something before the drop to give it a bit more of a noticable twing. At the moment its just a mental dubstep track (great though it is)

You need something memorable if you're gonna want it to be big!

Also, how did you get it so loud?

what program u in? FL? or Logic? Cant remember... ESX24 default for sub :D

---------- Post added at 03:23 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

This is fucking heavy by the way. Yeah not enough sub as the lads say...

Main mid bassline is fackin mental! i think the kick needs some more subby punch too.

Bad little tune. I think you need something before the drop to give it a bit more of a noticable twing. At the moment its just a mental dubstep track (great though it is)

You need something memorable if you're gonna want it to be big!

Also, how did you get it so loud?

I'm in FL Studio mate, how I got it so loud?
By not paying attention to the mixdown process, I've now done a new mixdown on this track.
I'm uploading it right now but I think that I've gone a little overboard with the sub. :D

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

New version in OP.

I like the sub now, and the overall track layout is awesome, but your kickdrum still needs to come out more. As said before try sidechaining it and cut out some of the bass frequencies you don't need and give them to your kick.
Easier said then done of course but this track deserves perfection ;D

Okay great, I'll look into that, was feeling the same thin bout the kickdrum.
But yeah still got six more tunes to do the mixdown of, getting ready to send my shit to a label.

Back
Top Bottom