Upcoming Albums Of 2015...

Electrosoul System-Flawless
Mark System-Final Approach
Quadrant, Kid Hops & Iris-206

Really, really surprised no one mentioned Electrosoul's one... It wins by far this year for me: intriguing, funky and really varied. It also takes you in a trip, which is what I enjoy from albums.

On the cheesy side of things I really appreciate Potential Badboy's effort, despite using many recycled sounds it is nice for listening with non-dnb heads.

Really, really surprised no one mentioned Electrosoul's one... It wins by far this year for me: intriguing, funky and really varied.
That was another one I've not finished yet as I just got it last week (and have an enormous queue of music), but I like what I've heard of it so far

Looking at everyone's lists. I think everyone legit forgot that Xanadu's LP came out this year... :teeth:

Electrosoul System-Flawless

Really, really surprised no one mentioned Electrosoul's one... It wins by far this year for me: intriguing, funky and really varied. It also takes you in a trip, which is what I enjoy from albums.

It is also one of my faves, high replay value and well diversified. Deserves a heads up.

+1 for Electrosoul System. Top quality LP

off the top of my head in no oder:
Quadrant, Kid Hops & Iris - 206
Module Eight - Legacy
Naibu - Case Study
DBR UK - Rough Edges

Ahmad - Intaference was pretty good in terms of collection of tracks, not quite cohesive maybe (doesn't have to be)

sure there are several others and it's not really a competition but still all worth mentioning :2thumbs:

Favourite LP's
1. DLR - Seeing Sounds
2. Module Eight - Legacy
3. DBR UK - Rough Edges
4. Mark System - Final Approach
5. Break - Simpler Times
6. Ahmad - Intaference
7. Zero T - Golden Section

Most Disappointing:
1. Enei - Rituals
2. Artifical Intelligence - Golden Section
3. Rockwell LP (didnt expect much but still disappointing)
4. Sam Binga - Wasted Days
5. Ivy Lab LP
6. Quadrant & Iris - 206

Also, Illustrations was banging, but with it being a VA I havent included it

Had some lined up that i didn't see anybody mention then came back and see people are posting them ha ha. The anile and ahmad albums being a couple of them. 2 more below that i don't think i have seen anybody mention.

Transparent - Opaque Vol.1 - not a lot in the DNB range so to speak but this album is really good as a whole
Bachelors Of Science - The Space Between

Had some lined up that i didn't see anybody mention then came back and see people are posting them ha ha. The anile and ahmad albums being a couple of them. 2 more below that i don't think i have seen anybody mention.

Transparent - Opaque Vol.1 - not a lot in the DNB range so to speak but this album is really good as a whole
Bachelors Of Science - The Space Between

Defo listed BOS. For instance Anile's LP is very nice, bagged it a while back but doesn't come close to The Space Between imo.

Favourite LP's
1. DLR - Seeing Sounds
2. Module Eight - Legacy
3. DBR UK - Rough Edges
4. Mark System - Final Approach
5. Break - Simpler Times
6. Ahmad - Intaference
7. Zero T - Golden Section

Most Disappointing:
1. Enei - Rituals
2. Artifical Intelligence - Golden Section
3. Rockwell LP (didnt expect much but still disappointing)
4. Sam Binga - Wasted Days
5. Ivy Lab LP
6. Quadrant & Iris - 206

Also, Illustrations was banging, but with it being a VA I havent included it

May I ask how exactly 206 and Timeline dissapointed you? No offense, just genuinely curious.

May I ask how exactly 206 and Timeline dissapointed you? No offense, just genuinely curious.

I was more disappointed in golden section than either of those or ritual.....and I'm a fan of zero t. But I thought the samplers were the best parts of the album. Of course that is just me.

I was more disappointed in golden section than either of those or ritual.....and I'm a fan of zero t. But I thought the samplers were the best parts of the album. Of course that is just me.

This, but I also felt that way towards the TImeline samplers, will give the album another shot, was expecting too much I guess on this one.
"206" is very solid too, but I rate highly about half the tunes so it did not make the list for me.

As for Rituals it is w/o a doubt one of the very best artist LP release this year. What could be missing on this one?

With the Artificial Intelligence LP, I was disappointed in the sense that the sampler was absolutely banging, one of the best plates I've bought all year and then felt the album fell short of the standard that the sampler had set. Not enough variety on the album for me.

The Quadrant & Iris again was just them rinsing up the sound they've been pushing and felt they missed an opportunity with the album to do something different.

The Enei LP just really wasn't my thing, which was really disappointing as Machines was a very good LP and I still drop 2012, Cracker VIP, Elephants, Thin Line, The Moment and Trainchaser fairly regularly off that. With the new one, I can see myself dropping Just One Look a bit but apart from that, I can take or leave most of the tunes, that album didn't grab me in the same way that Machines did.

Voltage - More Than Luck LP (Low Down Deep)

voltagemorethanluckalbum.jpg

http://lowdowndeep.com/store/more-than-luck-lp/

Release Date: 18 December 2015 (www.lowdowndeep.com)
All other outlets: 28 December 2015

"The album has 14 tracks and covers a lot of the Drum & Bass spectrum."

Back
Top Bottom