Up n comin DJs

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by MC GlaiStar, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MC GlaiStar

MC GlaiStar New Member

E-Z people. Who do ya think are the best up n comin DJs on the D&B scene?

I've heard Muse & Eskibo makin some sick sounds up in Nottingham, the scene up there's pretty heavy.

In London tho I've seen DJ Slugz playin a couple times and he smacked it, sickest fastest mixin I've heard in time. Anyone kno if I can download his mixes?
    Safe

2. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Don't mention Slugz around here mate...

He came and spammed the boards and then when he pulled up on it he threatened to "meet someone at Archway tube with a baseball bat" then claimed that his mate sent all the mails...

Either way he's been banned from here, DOA, DNBA and has given himself a bad name around the community - the guys a wanker basically...

There's some great up and coming DJ's who come on here (and a couple more established too) Cosh, Jay Walker, The Mutant Dj's, Noize (check out this guy man... totall badman on the decks), and loads of other too, and of couse me too (ahem)...

3. DirrrtyBassline

DirrrtyBassline Member

Who cares if he spammed on an internet forum... i saw him at herbal and aquarium n he smacked it both times

...some pople get far to up thier own arses with what goes on on the internet

4. MC GlaiStar

MC GlaiStar New Member

Shit, didnt kno about any of that... am new on here. Seems well weird tho, when I saw him mixin at Aquarium it was a sick party vibe I still think he's got skillz

Yeah got onto Noize wiv that Kam competition must admit the guy's pretty heavy... needs to come down to London to get me ravin it up!!!!

Where can I check ur mixes mate? safe

5. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Dont rate him much myself. Hes got a lot to learn.

6. Hightech

Hightech Member

rep-ing NZ

trei smashes it everytime..

and dose tbh

7. DirrrtyBassline

DirrrtyBassline Member

Look on his profile... the boys only 19 and been mixing for a year... i think he himself will admit he's got room to learn

but to be playing weekend sets at herbal and aquarium after 1 year shows he's got talent

8. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Yeah but to be on the lineup for somewhere dont mean ur good!!...it could be who you know, or whos balls you sucked!!?

9. souljah

souljah liquid lover...

haha...well hes got everyone talking about him thats oine thing for sure. but we all know this scene is about who u know blah blah blah and hes definatly got shit to learn pissing so many people off

10. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

It's really about who you know, everybody knows that!!!

There's a million amazing bedroom DJ's out there who would wipe the floor with some of the people who people see week in week out but they don't know anyone and haven't promoted themselves so...

I'm guilty of not promoting myself enough bigtime...

11. DirrrtyBassline

DirrrtyBassline Member

Fair enough but if he's on the lineup for the 10pm set n they ask him to stay to do another one from 5-6 (happened both at Herbal and aquarium) does that not suggest he's doing ok?

Spamming n threatening (even if its just the internet) isnt gonna ingraciate him to anyone but theres no need to make it personal bruv

12. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Tooo true fella!!

just mentioned the old bedroom dj's in the other thread...good call!!....furthermore...why is there 2 threads talking bout the same thing??

13. MC GlaiStar

MC GlaiStar New Member

Dunno how 2 quote properly but
    "just mentioned the old bedroom dj's in the other thread...good call!!....furthermore...why is there 2 threads talking bout the same thing?? "

The other thread's about Slugz.... I asked about other up n comin DJs in this one and you guys can't et enuf of da lil fella lol x

14. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

yeah I get your point, and you are right, maybe we should remember that the internet is just part of the scene

But I aint the one that takes this too serious it was slugz who wanted to beat someone up because they said something bad about him on the internet,

hell people say bad things about me around here every day :lol:

It's not cos of the spamming that I mentioned it, it was the threats of violence, I know this is just an internet forum but that's just not cricket...

15. DirrrtyBassline

DirrrtyBassline Member

Yeah threatening sounds a bit far fetched... its only the internet after all

Has he been banned permanently? n who did he threaten?

16. DJNoize

DJNoize Your Mom Rates Me

DJ SLUGZ IS MAKING ALIAS ACCOUNTS AND BIGGING HIM SELF UP

IF U ALL CANT SEE THIS URE FUCKIN STUPID :(:(:(

SORRY SLUGZ ,, no offence i thought u were ok,, but now i think ure waste... u made loads of accounts the kam mix thing biggin ure self up and now ure doing on here

WHO SETS UP THREADS with like 10 posts and then just big ups DJ slugz .....

i see thru it all :wtf:

17. DJNitrousUK

DJNitrousUK Active Member

Noize, $marty (and the rest of Dexcell), Coshh (sick mixer), Jay walker and all the rest Greg_P mentioned + loads more, just look in the members mixes section and look at a few by the dnbforum crew.

18. DirrrtyBassline

DirrrtyBassline Member

OMG Noize how jealous are you??? Im sure if u work as hard as slugz u'll ghet people bigging u up too one day, just keep at it n dont give up

I can guarentee to you that im not slugz.. i'll give you my nerdy facebook link if u need it proving... but seriously bruv have a little trust

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=881160625

19. MC GlaiStar

MC GlaiStar New Member

Like I said before Noize if u read up... I actually set up this thread to hear about other up n coming DJs.
    I've seen Slugz play and made my own opinion.... just wanted to see who else to check out since I'm new on here.... And from a "new girl" point of view, you guys aren't very friendly!!! Like I've said before, it's a bit brass to gun someone down for what music they like!

20. MC GlaiStar

MC GlaiStar New Member

Wow! Cheers mate for actually answering the question I asked! x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.