up late crew aswell or early work ting

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Standby, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Standby

Standby nahmean

oi trust me you thinmk youve seen gettin mashed and stayin up late? alas, flee from those abusive agents known as last of the summer wine ( comedy- or suggestive horror well before the watershed)

so, now were into the swing of things tell me whats the difference between me and you? dont ask unless you think you know ther meaning of the word typing is theraputic even einstein knew music helped the imagination so you'll be with me on this one when i say that up n comin is better than A list, every time its more ghetto ya get me. the first set in a club is like the first time you have sex, you dont know what to expect but when the moment comes everything reveals itself in an instant. doubledrop to a double drop then tell me you dont like drum n bass. its all about underground sound systems so loud they make ure ears sting, not all fuckin necklaces and bling, the only fuckin ice on me is in my drink ya get me. the only hinderence i have from my logical proression is the irish bloke called rich who shares my flat(and all our food the pilferering bastard) so if your reading this and thinking what the fuck is this matey doin just download soundforge and play with a mix you made while on 2 euro turbos its heavy, and although ive already started a thread about this i' up fior someone hosting my mix so pm me if u want !!! sedeketaaar brere. you all gotta come up for my nite in leeds next month, its something like a residency, but i dont get on my fuckin horsey im here for the music just like the rest of you should be if u aint already, its all aboyut the love guys, who cares if someone's makin tunes with the same bass and drumkit, he's doin it cos he loves it, who cares if you dont like mc's (i dont) but just dont cry about it, just take it as it comes man, its just part of the atmosphere its all one love baby!!!!

2. SPo0n

SPo0n Lurker alert!

couldnt be arsed to read that :) you're drunk tho

3. Standby

Standby nahmean

i havent touched a beer in days, but there are other sources of enjoyment, trust

4. MC Motion

MC Motion Custom Avatarmess

Who's been eating too many Haribo's!!!

:teeth:

I like typing too!!!!:typing: So here i'm going to answer some or all of your questions:

1.Whats the difference between me and you?
    I'm me and your you.
    2.Up and Coming better than A-List?
    Of course but what happens when the up and coming become A-list?
    3.First time in a club is like first time having sex?
    That particular question is rhetorrical.
    4.Its not all about bling, is it?
    No but it's not about ice either, cup of coffee every time!!
    5.Whats the point of this thread?
    Don't know.
    6.Why am I replying?
    Again don't know!!!

Get that mix up bwoy, this thread needs a reason!!!!

5. Standby

Standby nahmean

wow, my mashed up thread's gettin sum attention!!

in answer to ure question motion, i dont think anyone knows what happens when up n coming become a list, cos there's only really been one a list for like over ten years(give or take a few). its been hype groove andy c etc since the scene was created, but i spose theyve gotta pack it in sometime, in which case i guess they'll just be replaced gradually by up n coming! then there'll be a whole new bunch of up n coming to push the 'new' a list off the top spot.
    its all a cycle, man. one which hasnt even had one revolution yet.

and if someone can host my mix i wud be veeeeeeery grateful as i need feedback an ting!

6. MC Motion

MC Motion Custom Avatarmess

Veyr true, there hasn't even been one revolution yet. If you think about it that's very promosing really, for the scene, but not for us. That mean's that were probably part of the third revolutio(or generation). We'll probably have to sit through the up and coming's above us and earn our stripe's ready for the third generation.

Of course though the time difference between generation's will be mashed. It won't happen overnight, at the moment there's a few second generation A-List and lots of first generation A-List. As time passes the amount of second generation will grow and the first generation will slowly fade away. There will probably still be first generation's knocking around when the third generation starts creeping in.

However this depends on the quality of the music present during these time. I think there will be more producers in the coming future. Just look at this site, most people who use it are producing/ trying to produce. A large proportion DJ as well but a I forsee a lot of producer's coming in the future that don't DJ. Whats to say there will be the role of a DJ in the near future?

Producer's may find a new method of expressing there creativity in a live enviroment. There's a lot of new technology available which allows you to be very flexible in the way in which you can use it on the fly. Computer's are becoming fast and secure enough to pull of the maddest of effect's using an extarnal midi controller without having to worry about anything crashing.This open's up a lot of new techniques which are open to hte live performance of drum and bass........

Maybe our generation will only be using the decks as a small part of a set. You never know but we've got a long time too wait to see what happen's. I think is that over the past five years there has been advancedment's in the actual music than there has the playing out of it. I think that's all good though cos at the end of the day you can't cuss drum and bass cos it's way ahead of it's time musically wise but I do think there isn't enough integrity withi the scene. There is quite a large qualtiy gap from the best and the worst but the reason behind that is because the scene is very diverse in taste and the definition of good and bad music vary's quite considerably.

I don't care what happen's as long as lot's of tune's are available and continue to find new tune's everyday. Not many other genre's has such a large production of tune's. I know a mate who hear's a new tune every other day or so and he's into House. I hear at lest ten new tune's a day. Getting hold of them is another matter!!!!

I can't remember what I was originally posting about so i'm gonna stop now!!!!

:confused: :shrug:

7. Standby

Standby nahmean

yeah probs!

well i sure as fck aint stoppin any time soon! hopefully it'll stay this way for a long time

mate i can't even remember what i started this thread about

8. mesh

mesh Active Member

defnitly waffle ya'll, but all good thoughts and true..
    I heard someone say once they reckon dNb moves in four year cycles, ie 92-96, 96 -00,
    00-04 ...
    each period havn its own sound and advancements made .. maybe a regimented way to look at it, but seems to hold some water. maybe we up for another cycle about now... nothing wrong with it like it is tho IMOOOOOOOOO :drunk: