Untitled WIP - Techy I guess???

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by tewky1, May 3, 2013.

1. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Got this thing I did the other day, still needs the gravy to be poured on with some finishing touches.

Any comments on what I have got down so far?

Cheers

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Vader340 likes this.
  2. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

overall like it but if i was making this i would cut the intro shorter and maybe do something about that vocal samples cause i thing it gets kinda repetitive but that maybe really only me, i think the bass is really good lots of variation and drums punch nicely through, good work

tewky1 likes this.
  3. skankamusic

skankamusic it's me. skanka.

i like that bass! nice and rolling.. to me maybe filter the drums back in on the break, and split the main sections up with some edits? also that drone sound in the background could drop out and come back it makes some nice atmosphere but dropping it would let the track breathe through 32 or so and feel like a new section.

cool tune.

tewky1 likes this.
  4. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

I agree that the intro could be just a bit shorter. The bass is good, but personaly I think that you could make some deeper filtercuts to make it more rythmic.. or maybe just automate it in at places (this is probably just a matter of taste). I also think that if you are making a track that is nearly 7 minutes, you need alot more different sections and variations to keep the track interesting trough out the whole thing. This track should perhaps have been around 4-5 mins long.

But other than that... I think this is sounding pretty good! That midrange bass/lead has a really nice groove to it.

Skuff and tewky1 like this.
  5. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Think JimpaDirt hit the nail on the head there with everything he said. Def has potential, and overall it's sounding good man

tewky1 likes this.
  6. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

sounding fat, loving that bass riff, sounds good. if i were you i would cut out the whole beggining break (the 2 bars after the drum intro). it would work really well if it just dropped from the beggining 2 bars, maybe filter the drums out, have a fill and that vocal noise before the drop then go. would change the vibe of what your going for though i guess. I just dont think theres enough going on in the pre drop break. good work though on all other aspects!

tewky1 likes this.
  7. Vader340

Vader340 New Member

Good work, very impressed. Keep t up!

tewky1 likes this.
  8. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Took on board some of your comments, thanks for the great input. It was a bit long eh, so I done a bit to the arrangement, chopped bits out, some work on the drums, not much just some filtering here and there, still need to work on some edits to the drums, but reckon I am done with the track layout.

Better or worse? :teeth:

- - - Updated - - -

Newer version is in the OP, which I edited

9. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Didn't hear the other version but this is sick :)

keep up the good work...

tewky1 likes this.