Untitled Jungle Tip: WIP

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mason John, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

Got a little bit more done on the tune since Friday; finished up the intro break, cut out a few hits, still haven't optimized a lot, started up the pads just an hour ago or whatnot, and will probably start on the basses tomorrow (probably not, probably just work on the break and the pad). Got a different break in mind for the main beat, incorporating the one right now but different.

Open to suggestions, wanna know if you guys are feelin' it. I'll wait until a good bulk more is done on it before updating again to avoid fatigue. L8r.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. Thisisaero

Thisisaero New Member

oh god work on that break, I see what you're trying to do but it just sounds like a mess - maybe stop the low pass filtering. if you're in ableton the warp feature is very good for the effect you're going for (or try dblue glitch)

Mason John likes this.
  3. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

^ So I should tame it down a little on the low ends? Or cut it out from some of the parts altogether? Yeah, it is a bit difficult for me atm, but that's handy advice. I'll try fixing it up a little tonight. Thnx mate.

EDIT: Looking into dblue glitch right now. That might just do the trick.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  4. Thisisaero

Thisisaero New Member

glitch usually inexplicably crashes my DAW so I tend not to use it but it's free and the retrigger function (if you modulate it alot) can pull off those goldie style jungle break glitches

what daw you in? I say take that filter completely off - or have it on a gradual envelope over the whole section

5. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

^You've likely not heard of it, but it's called MuLab. Has been 100% stable for me aside from overloads (you can set the CPU limits) and when too much memory is addressed to it, which I assume isn't the issue w/ the 64-bit version. Glitch hasn't given it any trouble so far.

I've been having a shitload of fun toying around w/ it dude; I'll be rebooting on this one pretty much from scratch and not jump straight to any heavy filter sweeping until l8r on, but messing w/ the program got me started on a whole different project I hope to throw some glitch-like sounds in here and there, no overdoing it. Appreciate the feedback!

6. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

You dont need to get rid of the filtering, just lower the resonance or mod level a bit. The thing that really stands out bad it the timing of a lot of the cuts. It sounds a bit to random and not very intentional, so get that right and you'll be on your way

Mason John likes this.
  7. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

^Thnx Mania; all play around w/ it tonight and work on the hit patterns. I hear side-chaining would probably help in that regard, but I'm a bit confused how to apply it properly. I'll get back to it one layer at a time and be more careful w/ the timing, definitely x3.