Untitled Jungle Tip: WIP

Mason John

21st Junta

Got a little bit more done on the tune since Friday; finished up the intro break, cut out a few hits, still haven't optimized a lot, started up the pads just an hour ago or whatnot, and will probably start on the basses tomorrow (probably not, probably just work on the break and the pad). Got a different break in mind for the main beat, incorporating the one right now but different.

Open to suggestions, wanna know if you guys are feelin' it. I'll wait until a good bulk more is done on it before updating again to avoid fatigue. L8r.

Last edited:
oh god work on that break, I see what you're trying to do but it just sounds like a mess - maybe stop the low pass filtering. if you're in ableton the warp feature is very good for the effect you're going for (or try dblue glitch)

^ So I should tame it down a little on the low ends? Or cut it out from some of the parts altogether? Yeah, it is a bit difficult for me atm, but that's handy advice. I'll try fixing it up a little tonight. Thnx mate.

EDIT: Looking into dblue glitch right now. That might just do the trick.

Last edited:
glitch usually inexplicably crashes my DAW so I tend not to use it but it's free and the retrigger function (if you modulate it alot) can pull off those goldie style jungle break glitches

what daw you in? I say take that filter completely off - or have it on a gradual envelope over the whole section

^You've likely not heard of it, but it's called MuLab. Has been 100% stable for me aside from overloads (you can set the CPU limits) and when too much memory is addressed to it, which I assume isn't the issue w/ the 64-bit version. Glitch hasn't given it any trouble so far.

I've been having a shitload of fun toying around w/ it dude; I'll be rebooting on this one pretty much from scratch and not jump straight to any heavy filter sweeping until l8r on, but messing w/ the program got me started on a whole different project I hope to throw some glitch-like sounds in here and there, no overdoing it. Appreciate the feedback!

You dont need to get rid of the filtering, just lower the resonance or mod level a bit. The thing that really stands out bad it the timing of a lot of the cuts. It sounds a bit to random and not very intentional, so get that right and you'll be on your way

^Thnx Mania; all play around w/ it tonight and work on the hit patterns. I hear side-chaining would probably help in that regard, but I'm a bit confused how to apply it properly. I'll get back to it one layer at a time and be more careful w/ the timing, definitely x3.

Back
Top Bottom