[Untitled] -- Heavy Liquid DnB -- by Brutality

brutality

Last edited:
Many thanks dude.

Any suggestions or critiques?

By the way, your tunes are insane, loving the heavy neurofunk vibes.

thx bro...maybe leave a comment on my thread if u dun mind so i dun have to bump it!!

ok...suggestions..overallll, the balance is good, however..the low end can defo be beefer...the drums and sub cn be heavier esp as u are going for heavy liquid dnb, which will sounds phat esp on a big system...plus ur snare(technically nothing wrong with it) could do w some more character..i m afraid tht is not technical advice..however, the charcter of ur drums reaaally define a track esp if its a liquid track..yes u do have some midrange going in second half but still..drums drums drums!!

Btw...u have some weird click/arifact/dunno thing happening like every four bars in early liquid part...dunno wht it is but ull wanna get tht cleaned up...

hope tht helps..

Tarek

edit: maybe should leave link to post to make it easier for for u to leave a comment...oh another thought...take advantage of the fact tht u cn imbed ur songs in your post...makes it more inviting to listen to..i mean no reson to make us open another page when we dun have to!

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?126321-2-New-Monster-Drumstep-Neuro-Tracks-Up!!!

Last edited:
Btw...u have some weird click/arifact/dunno thing happening like every four bars in early liquid part...dunno wht it is but ull wanna get tht cleaned up...

I'm pretty sure that's the compressor on one of the elements on his track. You're going to want to tweak your attack and release settings on your compressors. Additionally, try mixing down much, much lower (with your peaks at -6db) and using compression sparsely. If you can't hear your track, just turn the volume of the monitors up as opposed to jacking your track volume up or heavy compression. When you're ready to render, normalize as well. Voila 8)

I'm pretty sure that's the compressor on one of the elements on his track. You're going to want to tweak your attack and release settings on your compressors. Additionally, try mixing down much, much lower (with your peaks at -6db) and using compression sparsely. If you can't hear your track, just turn the volume of the monitors up as opposed to jacking your track volume up or heavy compression. When you're ready to render, normalize as well. Voila 8)

Exactly! Haha I wrote in the OP that the compression should be ignored :P but yes, I'm assuming that that's the cause, as I don't hear any issues currently with all master compression removed!

Sounds like some sage advice, atticuh; I'll try to utilize it with my productions!
I take it that lessens the issue of clipping?

Not only does mixing down with your peaks at a lower dB make clipping a trivial issue, but also helps preserve the dynamic range of the elements you're using. When you heavily compress elements of your track, you're literally squeezing the variations of volume, which making your track shine and sizze, out of it. Additionally, the extra headroom from mixing down lower is also very beneficial in the mastering phase of a tune. 8)

I just implemented your advice as I was fixing up one of my previous tunes, and it appears to be working. I dropped the individual levels of each track to put them in the "green zone" (as opposed to yellow), and then dropped the main level by 5.30 db which put my peaks at 6db. After that, I tried boosting the main back to 0db, and it appears that the clipping disappeared!
Looks like my peaks are around 0db with the boost.

Am I doing things the right way?

Back
Top Bottom