unreal iphone app i just found

Discussion in 'Production' started by msmith222, Aug 6, 2010.

1. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

anyone with an iphone 4 or 3gs needs to go look at nanostudio in the app store. it is by far the deepest DAW for the iphone i have ever seen. i used to use beatmaker, which was cool, but always felt like a toy. nanostudio is like a mini logic in your pocket. i don't have anything to post yet (just got it yesterday, still poking around it), but i hope to soon. seriously, i have never seen so many 5 star reviews for an app, every one of them well deserved.

2. ruksi

ruksi Member

yea i heard about it might give it a download.. another app that is awesome is ThumbJam - its not a DAW but you can make some wicked melodies on it

3. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

i got it cracked via one of the jailbreak stores and its got a security lock on it, couldn't use it on a jailbroken device. Looks so much fun. I do have "Xewton music studio" which isn't much fun and it took a while just to make a two step beat, lol.

My top three iphone/ipod music apps
    1) Akai "synth station", mega fun
    2) Rebirth for iphone, do i have to say anything eles
    3) Voice band, Sing and beat box into the microphone and its converted into drums, guitars, bass, syths, reeze,

4. djlive999

djlive999 DJ LIVE

nice one just grabbed them myself

5. DJPancake

There used to be almost nothing for music apps, then they slowly started to emerge.

Still havn't found a decent scratching app, they are all worth jack shit.

Does anyone else run a jailbroken iDevice?

I have two JB iPods

6. dexter

dexter Member

i got a jailbroken ipod touch, havent paid a cent for all my apps haha, i try every new music app as soon as it comes out, ive tried nano and all the rest, you kinda sit there trying really hard to get simple stuff down and then its like why the fuck am i doing this i have a computer right there, theres just no point for there being a music studio app that is that hardout, i think they should focus on stuff that works well with the touch screen, and is kinda new and crazy, something like that music table thing in waffle atm.

djpancake thats weird what your say about the security password thing, what are you using? ive never encountered any problems using the new installus, its fucking magic. only thing is the new games coming out for 4.0 only !! jailbreaking new firmware is too much of a hassle for all these new fucking updates to come out..

7. DJPancake

i've only had 2 apps that weren't cracked correctly, nanostudio and doodle buddy.

i just hit the first link in app trackr/filesdude, so i'll give it another try with ones below it.

The new install0us is definitely where it's at, wayyyyyy faster. The sinfuliphnerepo is also where its at, with all the cracked unapproved apps.

Im building a complete theme for winterboard, so far its been going good. It sucks to draw a picture for everything though. I made all the popups less intrusive and less annoying, and i put a video of a screensaver as the background, and it looks epic. Still need to find new stuff and make it my own, then i'm thinking of submitting it to Rock. It's really been the biggest waste of time.

As far as portable production goes, it pretty boring. You need sound proofing headphones/earbuds, and it's slower and less versatile then the computer.

almost forgot, has anybody been playing Angry Birds app? MEGA FUN

8. marky1702

marky1702 Member

Have you tried baby scratch or is that no good?

9. djmojo

djmojo Member

10. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

well of course it's not a full replacement. it's just a lot better than playing solitaire if you have a public transportation commute. the way i see it, apps like this are best used to create your own loops for exporting to your main DAW, or an on-the-go sketchpad for sequences that just pop into your head. i also think it's exciting to see the advancements in multitouch music production, anyone with a current macbook trackpad will know exactly what i'm talking about.

11. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I got a Jailbroken iPhone 4 on OS4.01, done it via Safari with Jailbreakme.com

12. ZackMRG

ZackMRG Circles are Pointless

Getting an iphone 4 on friday with any luck, is it really worth Jailbreaking it straight away?

And im really interested in getting one of these sort of apps, anyone of them really stand out from the rest or are they all equally as good?