Unidentified Andy C dub. Needs more exposure!

If the 'minimal sound' type of D&B is your thing, then yeah.

Each to their own and all, but I do think Fresh has been the most impressive since the Bad Company split. Even if he is a little weird....:rinsed:

Dbridge doesn't produce minimal beats...

Fresh, whilst he makes good dancefloor tunes, they are still so throwaway in my eyes. He is still sampling films and fart noises.

Dbridge doesn't produce minimal beats...

Fresh, whilst he makes good dancefloor tunes, they are still so throwaway in my eyes. He is still sampling films and fart noises.

Say what?! D-Bridge is about as minimal as you can get!!!!!

I went to my first (and last) Renegade in August last year. The reason it was my last is because I was dragged into Room 2 to see Instra:mental B2B D-Bridge. I gave it a go. I've heard of better atmospheres up my local Gala Bingo tbh!! Without a doubt the most boring set I've ever seen, but as I said, each to their own n all.

Fresh's tunes since the BC split have set far more dances off worldwide than D-Bridge. Speaks for itself really...

Taking nothing away from D-Bridge, in his field and in his own right yeah he must be a good producer - otherwise he wouldn't be bigged-up as much as he is. But IMO Fresh is more versatile and, well, just better.

I went to my first (and last) Renegade in August last year. The reason it was my last is because I was dragged into Room 2 to see Instra:mental B2B D-Bridge. I gave it a go. I've heard of better atmospheres up my local Gala Bingo tbh!! Without a doubt the most boring set I've ever seen, but as I said, each to their own n all.

Fresh's tunes since the BC split have set far more dances off worldwide than D-Bridge. Speaks for itself really...

Taking nothing away from D-Bridge, in his field and in his own right yeah he must be a good producer - otherwise he wouldn't be bigged-up as much as he is. But IMO Fresh is more versatile and, well, just better.

Ill say it again, Dbridge does not produce minimal beats, and he is in no way as minimal as you get. Downtempo, yes, moody, yes, atmospheric, sometimes, minimal, no.

The set you saw was probably influenced heavily from instramental, and at a time when the autonomic sound they were playing was fully realised.

I saw dbridge play last week and the crowd were loving it.

Off course Fresh's tunes have set more dances off, thats why I said he makes dancefloor tunes..

Dbridge however makes songs, great music and things with a soul.

He doesn't sample movies for effect or use fart noises.

As for production talent as well, I couldn't care less, because its about musicality. That said, dbridge's production skills are messy good, and he loves off using hardware which is badass.

i like minimal, and i totally agree with you it doesnt work in a rave. but i disagree with your d-bridge vs fresh comments, particularly the bit i have bolded. yeh fresh's tunes set the dance off for the period that major DJ's are dropping them, then disappear never to be heard again, while "true rromance" still gets played and still smashes it.

i like minimal, and i totally agree with you it doesnt work in a rave. but i disagree with your d-bridge vs fresh comments, particularly the bit i have bolded. yeh fresh's tunes set the dance off for the period that major DJ's are dropping them, then disappear never to be heard again, while "true romance" still gets played and still smashes it.

Crook just ended the discussion right thuuur...

yeh fresh's tunes set the dance off for the period that major DJ's are dropping them, then disappear never to be heard again, while "true rromance" still gets played and still smashes it.

Just because D-Bridge has made one tune (with Maldini) that has achieved the kind of status that True Romance has doesn't make him a better producer than Fresh.

At the end of the day they make completely different styles of music so how can they be compared in such an obvious way?

And Bluenote, if you knew ANYTHING about making music then you'd realise that Fresh is one of the very best technical producers in the entire scene, all personal taste aside.

Plus let's all be honest, he made THE biggest tune of last year.

Try telling me that Heavyweight wouldn't smash up the place in 2015.

Just because D-Bridge has made one tune (with Maldini) that has achieved the kind of status that True Romance has doesn't make him a better producer than Fresh.

At the end of the day they make completely different styles of music so how can they be compared in such an obvious way?

And Bluenote, if you knew ANYTHING about making music then you'd realise that Fresh is one of the very best technical producers in the entire scene, all personal taste aside.

Yea was gonna comment back to Bluenote and Crook but Nifty beat me to it!!!!

Also, if beats get more minimal than D-Bridge, that must be the most boring music ever made IMO!!!!!!!!

Fair play each to their own n all; you prefer D-Bridge - whose style I did try out it was just not for me. I prefer Fresh. Whose tunes always have, and always will, be better.

i didnt necessarily say d-bridge was a better producer than fresh, and your right you cant compare producers in such a way. my point was more that d-bridge doesnt just make minimal and that ultimately the what makes tunes so good is thier longevity, what besides his BCUK stuff of fresh's will get played as long as true romance has? potentially heavyweight... lets see.

....lmfao i like how you guys are arguing about whos a better producer in a thread that has nothing to do with them. plus the argument is a double sided sword since everyone has their opinion on music production. Fresh has made tunes that still get played to this day and so has d-bridge its all preference.

Back
Top Bottom