DnB Unheard DnB track, Need feedback please

hello

im listening on my laptop so cannot hear any bass - that being said i think laptops can be quite a good way to judge an overall mix!

on the whole i like it, lots of potential imo

you could make more of the intro, very nice sinister atmosphere but could be more "full" and cinemtatic/dramatic maybe pads or strings

you could have more of a build up to the first drop, more build up of tension

drums are sounding v nice to me, love the snare and hats/cymbals/layered breaks. sounds killer

kick sounds a bit too "attacky" on the laptop but that might just be the laptop or my ears!

When the drums reach a break and the snare is more regular for a bar on the break (hope that makes sense) it doesn't sound right to me without the amen. Does sound right to me with the amen layered on top though imo

Actually i would be really interested in knowing how you got this nice y2k sounding distorted mid bass. sounds like something cool is happening in the stereo field with them too (only on my laptop speakers so cant hear proper) :)

hope thats not too critical, but i really find constructive crit is the best way better than someone just going "yeah awesome" :)

all just my 2 pennies worth mind you

Wow thanks man. Thats some top feedback right there.

Im glad you liked it and i completely agree on the intro aspect of things. Could have a lot more going on and i might go back an work on it.

As for the y2k distorted midbass, everything is samples on this tune but i do add distortion to pretty much everything using camelphat even if its just a little bit as i find it makes everything so instantly bigger.

Glad u liked the drums as i also enjoyed them lol

Really appreciate the feedback mate. Feel free to link me any of your stuff :)

:)

mind if i ask where you got those samples from, from a dnb pack? always looking for more sample suggestions

Big track deffo! the drums are tight as! nothing to ass at all to this at all really, cant fault it! good job! Actually one thing, is the snare mono, seems a bit too stereo to me ..?

Back
Top Bottom