Umm Bongo...

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
I wanna know where I can get some killer bongo/tribal drum samples...

Marlok... i was listening to nightmare creatures(sick tune btw) the ones in the intro, they are the sort of drums im after!

any one (aswell as marlok) got any ideas where i can find some?

safe

what DAW u using? reason has loads of loops/individual hits, just chop n change um?

i used um in this
http://soundcloud.com/thin-and-crispy/untitled-summer-beat

I'd recommend you not to release a tune with reason samples in it... I know it sounds like being a douche but, in the terms when installating the program it says something like you cannot use these samples and make money out of them. Just to give some advice and awareness!!! ;)

nice tune TaC needs more high end on the snare IMO!!! just own taste, sounds great anyway

already done, just not updated it on SC! :)
reason can suck my hairy ball sack, it shouldnt put them in if u can't use them, lol.

edit: how would they know anyway? lol i could of gotten my bongo from anywhere!

99% sure that thing with the samples (standard licence guff) just means that you can't sell/redistribute the sample content ie: make your own sample pack from it, using Reason (Kontakt/Battery/Kore etc etc) sample content.

In a musical production it should be fine.
Otherwise no-one would use Reason surely?

Last edited:
i can't see anyone at propeller sueing you for using a bongo hit, not exactly the best press.

here are my collection of bongos/congas sourced from various forgotten places. about 150+ hits in there. hope you get something good out of them (y)

BONGO.rar

Here's the story I got told from a guy from a music store:
"I got sued by Proppelerheas because they catched up that I used a loop from the samples reason has inside (a break he told me) and they started to send messages to my myspace. I didn't believe it was true but then after they got my key and what version of reason I had because the loops have an algorythm that 'wuddadeepoke wuddademan' and had to spend in all 600€ because of paying a lawyer and going to the judges... etc etc..."

Since then (because he recommended me strongly to buy Reason), it sounded like completetly douchebaggery mixed with some truth in it... well
actually this doesn't go into the "samples copyright" actually from the thing "non-legit"... apart from that. I never use Reason premade samples... not even if using another daw for anything. Reason samples mostly suck except for orchestral ones (imo imo imho).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom