DnB ULTRAFUNK track - Feedback plz!

to make it easier to listen here.

I don't think there is too much going on, I think the amount of sounds is just perfect actually.
The track reminds me a bit of Xilent, which is awesome.

The track does sound like it could use a better mixdown. But I honestly don't know what to suggest.
I bet another forumuser here does.

and for your next track you can use:
[ soundcloud ] your link [ /soundcloud ] (without spaces)

IMO, the first drop needs to be huger, as a lot of comments have suggested - frankly, if it were me, I'd bump up the "varied pad cut funky tremolo" to be the drop somehow - and do that white noise sweep someone mentioned, cheap and E-ffective. Crash cymbals work.

Very nice, let's see if this stuff is catching on, it'd hard to produce without it sounding a bit corny like old video game music!

Feeling that mate... Second drop could do with a bit more oomph, but mix down sounds good on my phone

Hey guys, thanx much for the feedback.

Could I ask you to give it a listen now? I changed the 2nd drop to make it a much more powerful rinsing bassline, then spent some more time on the mixdown and changed the kick/snare combo.

Appreciate any thoughts you have on the mixdown especially.

I have the pause on the first note of the first drop coz I thought it catches you offguard and draws more attention.

Thanks guys.

The bass is kick ass. I disagree with your friends about to much going on. I think you could use more lie a split frequency of your bass with a high pass filter and a band pass filter n an lfo wobble driving the rythem along. In fact I would say the whole problem with your songs is a lack of flow. Also I am not so sure the snare matches.

Definitely NOT too much going on.. I think it's just right. Excellent track overall really feeling this style at the moment too!

Back
Top Bottom