Drum & Bass ULTRAFUNK track - Feedback plz!

bulletstorm

VIP Junglist
https://soundcloud.com/xenflex%2Finterstellar to make it easier to listen here.

I don't think there is too much going on, I think the amount of sounds is just perfect actually.
The track reminds me a bit of Xilent, which is awesome.

The track does sound like it could use a better mixdown. But I honestly don't know what to suggest.
I bet another forumuser here does.

and for your next track you can use:
[ soundcloud ] your link [ /soundcloud ] (without spaces)

IMO, the first drop needs to be huger, as a lot of comments have suggested - frankly, if it were me, I'd bump up the "varied pad cut funky tremolo" to be the drop somehow - and do that white noise sweep someone mentioned, cheap and E-ffective. Crash cymbals work.

Very nice, let's see if this stuff is catching on, it'd hard to produce without it sounding a bit corny like old video game music!

MC_Abyss

I think it sounds great the drop like everyone else said needs to be bigger I would use the bass synth your using to beild it up so the drop sounds heavy. You got the pause in the mix right at the drop it looses its pop cuz of that. But otherwise good.

Hey guys, thanx much for the feedback.

Could I ask you to give it a listen now? I changed the 2nd drop to make it a much more powerful rinsing bassline, then spent some more time on the mixdown and changed the kick/snare combo.

Appreciate any thoughts you have on the mixdown especially.

I have the pause on the first note of the first drop coz I thought it catches you offguard and draws more attention.

Thanks guys.

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
The bass is kick ass. I disagree with your friends about to much going on. I think you could use more lie a split frequency of your bass with a high pass filter and a band pass filter n an lfo wobble driving the rythem along. In fact I would say the whole problem with your songs is a lack of flow. Also I am not so sure the snare matches.