Ulterior Motive launch new label - Guidance Music

dambusters

Melbourne
VIP Junglist
Rating 3 out of 4 tunes on this, but Walnuts and the Kemal/Underfire style one are the best
Not feeling OneTwo7

Much more like it from UM, this is why I used to buy everything they made

Last edited:

rhythm

balistics

Trip Hammer is fucken excellent! I'm so happy that these guys are back on this tip. Hopefully the 98% of other producers who produce the souless over produced disposable neuro take note, realise the error of their ways, & come back to this foundation. I doubt it tho sadly...

Kinda agree with Rhythm a wee bit in some ways, DLR has never written a tune this good except that colab with he did with Kid Drama & UM on Convex. So not an ideal reference bro, but as with everything it's all in the eye of the beholder after all :)

dambusters

Melbourne
VIP Junglist
Having listened through headphones they're both solid, Intuition better bassline, Trip Hammer better drums
I always find myself wishing these new techy tunes had more natural flow to the drums, like this;

Still like these new UM bits though, they're getting back to some good form

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
Yes, nice to see the boys pumping out that goodness they're renowned for. And not long after that last EP. Keep 'em coming!!

encounter

VIP Junglist
bit of DLR-style funk coming...
Normally not that into recent ulterior motive stuff but this is sick. Also this isn’t dlr-style funk, it’s matrix-style funk (I understand your comment but you know as well as I do who should get the credit ;))
Couldn't agree more. You could argue considering UM released before Octane & DLR that actually this is UM-style (if it wasn't just something that has transitioned from Matrix) which they have been doing since Infrasonic.