Ulterior Motive - Fourth Wall LP - Metalheadz (october 14)

Haha. Managed to hear the sampler on iTunes. Looks like another album that will be played as an album and not just used for mixing!

It definitely is. My laptop's audio fucked up and I had to turn it off and on in order to get it to work, so no more previewing it on Redeye anymore for me hahaha

It definitely is. My laptop's audio fucked up and I had to turn it off and on in order to get it to work, so no more previewing it on Redeye anymore for me hahaha

Hahaha. I'd imagine it'll be on the new headz site soon enough. October's not that long to wait either. Official announcement to release of around 6 weeks is nice!

yeah muted is very very nice. hoping for an instrumental though

edit: vocal's not as bad as i initially thought actually

I've never been much of a fan of Ulterior Motive but damn the previews are good!

"Chapters" is fucking sick, "Tape Pack" is decent enough but I'd love to hear what Ricky Force could do with those samples, "Muted" is a wicked tune but I'm not sure that vocal is really the right vocal for the tune, nor the tune for the vocal, which is a pity because the vocal is lovely.

"U Feel" really grew on me, surprised not to see it on the album tracklisting, if they felt it wasn't right for the album or wasn't strong enough then I'm even more excited about the bits I haven't heard!

"Chapters" though, they've really raised the bar for that whole halftimey MC-led tune type thing, it's staggeringly good. My Mrs is one of those "D&B went to shit after Wormhole" people and even she thinks it's amazing.

"U Feel" really grew on me, surprised not to see it on the album tracklisting, if they felt it wasn't right for the album or wasn't strong enough then I'm even more excited about the bits I haven't heard!

It's coming out as a free giveaway track to promote the LP at some point soon. Friction mentioned it on his new show the other day.

Back
Top Bottom