Ukraine

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by IV4, Mar 4, 2014.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

This whole situation is scaring me a little. I glad the nato nations are going to put sanctions on Putin, but I fear these situations might provoke another "Charge of the Light Brigade" problem.

2. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

3. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

russia have no right to be intervening.

but FUCKING LOL at america holding the moral high-ground and telling russia they have no right to be intervening.

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I'm not sure about that. Crimea holds a major naval port for Russia. Plus the people of Crimea largely identify themselves as Russians. A part of me thinks Russian has every right to do what they are doing.

Also, after WWII the U.S. footed the bill for many of the war torn countries like the U.K. and Germany. Like it or not Europe is America's economic problem. Moreover, the military support that the U.S. provides Europe and many other regions, is the major factor in many nations, including the U.K., to spend their money elsewhere like healthcare. It also provides stability to "western" nations.

No doubt Akmed many "western" European nations have evolved in more ways than the U.S. However, these nations would not be the powerhouses they are today without the help of US. The problem with Ukraine is the strain of pull between us and them. We want peace and free trade to let capitalism flourish and corporations to profit. Russia has their own agenda, and the Ukraine's people are trying to be a fair middle man. They suffer at the pull of two great ideologies.

As much as I hate to admit it. My country is and will continue to be the police and military leader of the western world. We have the resources and money to go head to head against the top thirteen militaries combined. I agree with the people of Ukraine, Nato and the U.S. and I agree with the Russian interest with Crimea.

The U.S. remembers Europe's appeasement stance with Hitler. We shame ourselves for not stepping in earlier in WWII. Winston Churchill once said, "Americans will always do the right thing, only after they have tried everything else." Like it or not in Europe, the U.S. never wants to be that country again.
    The question is am I going to war again.

ThePapa likes this.
  5. Mania

Mania i fukin wot m8

US ambassador IV4 reporting

bn14 likes this.
  6. dat_skunk

dat_skunk Active Member

the answer is obviously plur

7. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

No.

/thread

8. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

The russians ceded Ukraine the crimea, so frankly they don't really have a right to change their mind and go and take it back belatedly because they've decided that the hinterland around their warm water ports might be useful.

I find it highly unlikely that the Russians will move beyond Crimea, they have no real reason to, and it would exceed their remit of protecting Russian nationals (whom they have amusingly had to hand out Russian passports to en masse if rumours are to be believed).

As it stands the west won't provoke Russia unless they really go wild, which they won't. Sanction wise the only thing that will make Putin really consider his position is an investigation into money laundering. Accoriding to radio 4 (i know i know) Putin keeps his wealth well out of Russia as it isn't safe there, so a lot of russias funding is open to investigation (afaik).

Either way the Russias are being Russians, the west won't do shit and no one in NATO really cares about Ukraine, as its split between both sides as mentioned, has no oil or natural resources of any note that would be of massive benefit to the west, and no one wants balaclava mk 2

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    IV4 and ThePapa like this.
  9. dat_skunk

dat_skunk Active Member

Here's a short little documentary thing vice put together about the protests. Not a whole lot of information but there's some really good footage

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  10. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

please do war
    make good film in time
    thanks

11. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

Vice. The voice of Generation Y. So my question is:;

Y U SO EXPLOITATIVE?

12. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Every time that girl sings I don't know Y I did not cum. I think I would of have made you cum.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!
    That is the best synopsis of the situation I have read yet!

13. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Russia are just felxing their muscles. They won't do much more than that.

Ukraine just need to have a mass bum and it'll scare the russians off.

14. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

For a split of a second, I believed that we were heading towards a new WW. Then US just threatened with economical sanctions. And then I was: meh.

15. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

16. EuroTide

EuroTide Well-Known Member

theres four sides to every story
    i dont think its all just that good & evil in this one as "our" media would like it to be.

17. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

too true renee, too true. however four, thats double the number of what they usually say. but i think i see your point. fuck i want to be in the studio with my e-mu drunk out my face. you know how to test music, see what emotional properties it carries? drive at night, have sex, ride the train, be high on different stuff, work out, get hurt, jerk off to it, for example. i find italian music excellent to jerk off to. you know whats not fun to jerk off to? polish black metal (mgla, darkysidro you know mgla? so. fking. rad.). left me disgusted debased and sad.

18. Dark Lizardro

What mgla stands for? Never heard of it.

19. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

oh who knows its all squirrel chatter jibber jabber from over there, point is its really really good. the focus alot on the drums for some reason? plaga is also worth checking out, and i know what that means. means plauge. quite the hot topic in the culture. its absolutely brilliant black metal, so utterly and nauseatingly... utter. and nauseaus.

20. Dark Lizardro

Past weekend I watched "Until the Light takes Us". It was hillarious seeying Varg putting all the guilt on euronymous for what he has done. And the drummer of Darkthrone, Fenriz, well, we can say I would cross the street if I saw him coming on the other way.