UK Teknival

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Anyone else attend the shrunk down version in Swindon on the weekend? Have to say I was a little disappointed in the amount of rigs that turned up, I was expecting 30+ systems but there ended only been 5 & only 1 played d&b for half the night :( The crowd was pretty damn big though & I meet some pretty tight people bigup to Shaun from Massacre soundsystem nice bloke all round & Dracer I will actually meet you face2face one of these days, next time you got a party give me a shout I'll play for free man!! Also shout to the Risque crew for attending the rave was a bit of a messy one by all (& Rick I'm sorry about the car).
Also if anyone attends free parties can they give me a name of a system that is fucking collosous in size & sound & has neon purple led lights inside of them that act like a graphic equaliser each time a beat kicks out (it has to be seen to be believed)

Mulla said:
Damn, didnt know anything about this. Everyone round here was banging on about the big one up near Nottingham.

Yer it was originally headed for Norwich, then I got told it was moving to Wales & the chase ended in Swindon. Mulla hit me up & I'll hook you up with some numbers ;)

yeah mate i was there!!! and i finally met d racer too!! i played on the project mayhem rig on saturday nite for hour and half, musta danced to you playing sometime too... next time eh!! ;)

topaz said:
yeah mate i was there!!! and i finally met d racer too!! i played on the project mayhem rig on saturday nite for hour and half, musta danced to you playing sometime too... next time eh!! ;)

nice 2 see you suporting the free party scence!! What time did you play on the system & were bouots was it situated (probably checked you out)

jay walker said:
Was a very messy party - jus finally getting the pieces together :rinsed:

Would like to see more dnb rigs at these things - sort it out peeps! (Where was Ravenous and Section 63, hmmm) :confused:

Yer was expecting them boyz aswell, I also thought it was going to be fields of Techni-flavoured colours & sick d&b

sayber said:
nice 2 see you suporting the free party scence!! What time did you play on the system & were bouots was it situated (probably checked you out)

i've long supported the free party scene, lol!! believe me!! played on sat nite around 1.30-3am in the first big barn....after the geezer with the computer problems gave up....filled up quite nicely then, i was chuffed.. i was the bird wearing a cap playin...hi!! :)

topaz said:
i've long supported the free party scene, lol!! believe me!! played on sat nite around 1.30-3am in the first big barn....after the geezer with the computer problems gave up....filled up quite nicely then, i was chuffed.. i was the bird wearing a cap playin...hi!! :)

Yup - we were the dicks down the front saying how hot your set was!!!! :lol:
There was some very poor djs that night imo, but was well impressed wiv your goodself.

I really wanna get into djin on the free-party scene, you know where i can get any sets? ;)

topaz said:
2 be honest (no favourtism cos your on the forum) yours was the best set i heard some shady mixing on the sets b4. You played some nice tracks got people moving + the system kept cutting out so fair play for keeping it going!! Hopefully be playing in Swindon soon myself if all goes well ;)

jay! aww, u weren't dicks, it's always fukin great to see people enjoyin what ur doin, u know that, such a buzz innit!! as for dj-in at free parties the only advice i can really give you is a. always have records and headphones with you and b. practise blagging a lot!! it's all i ever do, but quite a few know of me so it gets easier as time goes by innit! LOL

and thanks for the kind words both of ya, it's amazin to talk to people on the net who were there. i think ur the first two i've ever met on the net that were at a free party i played at!! big ups!!..i love free parties!! and let me know when ur playin in swindon, if i'm in the area i'll come down ok!! :)

topaz said:
jay! aww, u weren't dicks, it's always fukin great to see people enjoyin what ur doin, u know that, such a buzz innit!! as for dj-in at free parties the only advice i can really give you is a. always have records and headphones with you and b. practise blagging a lot!! it's all i ever do, but quite a few know of me so it gets easier as time goes by innit! LOL

and thanks for the kind words both of ya, it's amazin to talk to people on the net who were there. i think ur the first two i've ever met on the net that were at a free party i played at!! big ups!!..i love free parties!! and let me know when ur playin in swindon, if i'm in the area i'll come down ok!! :)

Atrue lady to the jungle bigup!! PM me or Jay & let us know of any free parties that are going on soon & i'm sure we'll bring a crew of peeps up!!

sayber said:
Atrue lady to the jungle bigup!! PM me or Jay & let us know of any free parties that are going on soon & i'm sure we'll bring a crew of peeps up!!

lol, i live miles from anywhere in wales, u mite have to let me know... i don't always get to find out about them... but i was in northampton on friday nite at the original venue before it went to swindon... bad choice of site tbh, t'was a crop field and well muddy... more on this site about it www.squatjuice.com

oh yeah, and sometimes parties happen in wales, how far are you willing to travel? LOL

topaz said:
lol, i live miles from anywhere in wales, u mite have to let me know... i don't always get to find out about them... but i was in northampton on friday nite at the original venue before it went to swindon... bad choice of site tbh, t'was a crop field and well muddy... more on this site about it www.squatjuice.com

oh yeah, and sometimes parties happen in wales, how far are you willing to travel? LOL

Man we'll travel anywhere for a aprty just as long as it's guaranteed to have d&b, a nice rig, & definetly going ahead (otherwise it's a waste of a weekend). Were down in hampshire so Wales is a bit of a mission but could be worth a Road Trip

sayber said:
Man we'll travel anywhere for a aprty just as long as it's guaranteed to have d&b, a nice rig, & definetly going ahead (otherwise it's a waste of a weekend). Were down in hampshire so Wales is a bit of a mission but could be worth a Road Trip

problem is, with a free party nothing is guaranteed...i travelled from the west coast of wales to oxford to northampton for a knees up that didn't happen.. such is life innit!! no guarantees hun, but often some stuff goes on in wales!! ;) be prepared to travel some!!

topaz said:
problem is, with a free party nothing is guaranteed...i travelled from the west coast of wales to oxford to northampton for a knees up that didn't happen.. such is life innit!! no guarantees hun, but often some stuff goes on in wales!! ;) be prepared to travel some!!

had that a few times last year, we traveled to a party just outside of Guildford & the police ended up shutting it down. Ain't know thing but a chicken wing :rslayer:

topaz said:
It sucks shit that the goverment won't allow free parties to go ahead. I mean why can't the police help hand in hand with the promoters. If police came into a rave & tried taking the equipment while people were there it would be uproar, they know they can't stop them so why don't they try to help keep things secure & safe for the ravers.
If Tony Blair wasn't so adement on been George Bushe's whipping boy we would ahve a fair easier raving culture. I've been hearing rumours that in America there zero-tolerence on any illegal raves, & if drugs are found in clubs the promoters, club owner, & ravers willa ll get prosecuted. If anyone in America knows that would be handy

Back
Top Bottom