uk hip-hop

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
top five artists or albums anyone,

just got jehst mengi bus, not overly impressed, jehst lyrics arnt as good as falling downs, but still tight none the less ...

wheres klashnekoff gone 2 ? , havent heard him for a while he hasnt brought much out for a while its a shame ...

sagas of ... was and is one of my favourite uk hip-hop albums,

been getting into skinny alot lately, some of his lyrics are heavy

braaaap

Heard "Return of the drifter"? like 10 times better than Falling Down in my opinion. Defo his best album.

Klashnekoff had an album out last year. Lionheart: tussle with the beast I think it was called, listened to it once and didn't like it that much. Got a raw track with Kool G Rap on it.

Jehst's Return Of The Drifter is like Klashnekoff's Sagas of, in the sense it's not an official album, just a collection of tracks released on one cd.

But I'm into a lot of UK Hip-Hop. Listen to it as much, if not more than Drum and Bass.

yeh got drifter, its good . all round i prefer falling down tho. but i know people rate drifter as his best work. hes released stuff under his alias - billy brimstone, but not sure. discogs explains it. city of industry is a brilliant tune, and the lyrics in 1979 are amazing. . . of got tussle with the beat, on the prodution side of things i agree , it doesnt live up to the sagas of ... but if you can try listen past it theres some good work in there. at the moment i listen to uk hip-hop more than dnb, havent listened to dnb for a while really, trying to produce my own tracks on FL.

so who else you listen to ? , kyza got good tunes, like the task force stuff, and terra firma. only got tracks tho on my comp. going to buy the album soon

you heard skinnymans "council estate of mind" album?? heavy

chester p's new album "from the ashes" is pretty good

my mate kasha spits to hiphop, you might have seen him spitting at raves with fatman and the rest of new breed but hes more into hiphop nowdays

if ya like mellow poetic hiphop check him out.... http://www.myspace.com/vividimageryuk

also his mate manage is ill.....
http://www.myspace.com/manage

foreign beggars would have to be my first choicefor brit-hop, stray point agenda and asylum speakers are bost well god albums. does anyone know if phi life cypher are brit or american? can't really tell from their voices and they make references to both american and british stuff, just wondering, cheers

i'm pretty sure phi life cypher are english, tru thoughts and zebra traffic don't really do the american hip hop.

best english hip hop - new flesh for old. fuckin' love toastie taylor and juice aleem.

anyone listened to dirty diggers? i would think if you're into skinnyman you'll like it, thier on the same label as phi life cypher.

Top five artists

Klashnekoff,
Chester P,
Skinnyman,
Jehst,
Akala,

Ive got far too many sick UKHH albums to choose a favourite. Klashnekoff - Focus Mode is still one of my faves, even though its a few years old now.

If you're into UK Hip Hop check this remix out of Rapper's Delight, its sick, got loads of UK talent chattin' on it,

Rappers Delight Remix - Rodney P, Chester P, Kano, Simone, Yungun, Sway, J2K, Swiss, Skibadee, Etc - 1Xtra Radio Rip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0IOYOJG

Yeh, Phi Life are British. From Luton I belive. Millenium Metaphors is a raw album, Life MC spits some raw stuff on that album.

Also listen to Roots Manuva, Task Force, Jehst, Black Twang, Genesis Elijah, Akala, Doc Brown, Ghost, Lowkey, Evil Ed, Braintax, Skinnyman, Klashnekoff, P.L.O, Humurak D.Gritty and some more.

Best UK MC is Mudmowth, from Wales. He got some raw lyrics...

"Draw a picture of your lifeline on an etch-a-sketch, take it to your house and watch your mum shake you to death"

First line that comes into mind. Check his myspace out.

Looks like most has been covered but just a few extra to take a peek at - Mystro (done stuff on Rodney P's album and has a new album out soon), TY (Badboy rapper! Does more funky h/h stuff with live bands, was on Big Dada - check all 3 of his albums), Moorish Delta 7 (gotta big up the Brum boys!!), Yogi (Derby MC been around for years), Rukus (another Brum rapper - check "Let it go remix" which includes some of the above), and also not known for rapping but is one of the best producers in the UK - Baby J, he's worked with most of the major UKHH artists and also produced Skinnyman's Council Estate of Mind album.

Werd to your mother!

Back
Top Bottom