Ugh. Mistabishi - No Matter What Album Version

CheesyPOOF5

VIP Junglist
He re-recorded the vocals. Probably because the vocals were sampled from somewhere.
I loved the original but this is nowhere near as good.
Maybe it's just because I'm used to the original....
Clip.

Yeah I have it on vinyl too. I've listened to it many many times so I was completely surprised when I heard the new vocal. lol.

Why do this??? completely ruined it for me now. It was the same when he put that piano sample on Greed. On first hospital podcast he was on (55 I think) he played this sick song that turned out to be Greed, but it had some piano on it the next time I heard it. Not needed tbh. Put me off buying the album now...

:soap_box:

EDIT: in my moment of rage I was talking about the wrong song... please excuse me (song was Talk Me Down which I thought was Greed) maybe I will buy the album after all.

EDIT MKII: I think I may have been right regarding Greed, I shall look into this...

Last edited:
I had the original and I didn't even bother to listen to it on the new album as I thought oh it's the same. Completely ruined it for me :( But....Wipe Your Tears, Damage and White Collar Grime are insane!

I had the original and I didn't even bother to listen to it on the new album as I thought oh it's the same. Completely ruined it for me :( But....Wipe Your Tears, Damage and White Collar Grime are insane!

Yeah man White Collar Grime as absolute madness.

Is this a piss take?? Sounds like my nans yodelling

Haha, both your comment and the track itself made me laugh. On a plus note, 'From Memory' sounds pretty good. Its the first tune on the new Hospital Podcast.

must be something to do with the sample not being cleared, surely? shame, because the original was lush.

i'm more of a fan of his earlier stuff, haven't been into his recent tunes so much. his production can't be faulted though, it's so clean and simple.

Just messaged Tony Coleman from Hospital Records.

Just wondered if you could tell me why the vocals were replaced on Mistabishi - No Matter What? The original vocals were insane but the album version is just lacking something now.

He replied:

copyright issues mate! happens a lot..... sometimes you have no choice.

Finally got my hands on the full CD album...it's incredible. Just replaced the new No Matter What with the old version that I already had, and bam, perfect Mistabishi album!

i have this track on my comp and it says its from the hospital mix 6 digital selection, is that the old one? i can't really tell tbh, it does sound a bit better though

i have this track on my comp and it says its from the hospital mix 6 digital selection, is that the old one? i can't really tell tbh, it does sound a bit better though

it's just the album version that has the weird vocal on it so yeah HPM 6 one and the one on the single are the 'good' ones so to speak...

ohh, yeah it's only slightly noticable but the original was much much better (if that makes sense)

Back
Top Bottom