UFC 88

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by 1995ting, Sep 9, 2008.

1. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

huge upset by rashad, can't believe he ko'd chuck he was originally fed to him as a semi can imo lol.

all the vids here

http://www.pancrase.org/

and I can't believe about evan tanner

RIP evan tanner :lighter:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. DeployFX

DeployFX Member

Iceman is losing his touch, and his speed is lacking as well. Big ups to Rashad though, nice punch right to the jaw.

3. I'm in shock about Tanner!!!!!!!! Can't believe it! OMG....

Chuck hasn't lost it at all!!!!! He beat Wanderlei last fight and he's no pussy!

He got caught............. any fighter can get caught no matter how good..... that's why MMA is so exciting because anything can happen.

Chuck is still one of the best strikers in the game.

4. DeployFX

DeployFX Member

Regardless, he looked outclassed, and he looked impatient and he looked slow.

5. philski

philski smoke weed everyday

chuck didnt look himself in that fight, got one bombed and that was the end of him but chuck aint no flop, he's arguably the best striker in the game, rashad did look very good and big things are gonna come from him in the future.

6. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

It's true up until the ko the match was a stalemate and any fighter can get caught like chuck, he could still come back imo, it's not that chuck has lost it, it's because everyone has figured out how to fight someone like chuck - a counter puncher with excellent takedown defence. Rashad didn't go for the takedown and decided to stand with chuck but didn't come at him much as he knew chuck would counter with one of his punches, so he exploited chuck's low hands and managed to catch him hard. Rashad did the right thing by peck and running and using superior movement until Chuck got impatient and then when Chuck recklessly got a step too close he gut unloaded on. I think a few other fighters will be able to expose this chink in Chuck's armor, but it doesn't mean he's finished (unless of course he decides to retire)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  7. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

might get back into UFC if i can forego the stupid storylines and promotions haha :)

8. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

that's half the fun! lol