**UFC 87 Thread** (for all the noobs Ex WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar is fighting btw)

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by 1995ting, Aug 9, 2008.

1. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

will be epic

who I got to win:

gsp
    lesnar
    ken flo even though he looked like shit at the weigh ins

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. DJHaze

DJHaze I've been naughty, I'm banned

Re: **UFC 87 Thread** (for all the noobs Ex WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar is fighting btw

OO THATS TONITE, see if i can find it on the net.

3. savoirfaire

savoirfaire 16

Re: **UFC 87 Thread** (for all the noobs Ex WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar is fighting btw

Not much of a UFC fan in fact i've only watched it once or twice but i heard that Brock did'nt or does'nt have much technique and that strength is his only advantage nothing else, not sure if it's true.
    Anyways i'm going to go back to K1 soon, UFC is way too commercial for me, and all the stupid little mini storylines irritate me lol:)
    Thanks for posting though will keep my eye on this

4. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

live stream

http://www.mmaload.com/ :)

starts at 3 am uk time tho cos it's in america

5. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

well I wouldn't say that brock doesn't have much skill, he is a former NCAA wrestling champion and is very quick and athletic for his size, so what you heard about his only advantabe being strength is bullshit. He has potential to be something big in the hw division but is very inexperienced. I kinda agree about ufc being so commercial and all the storylines lol, like wwe

6. DJHaze

cheers for the live stream, i got 2 now so if ones down im in luck.
    if you google "live footy" you can click the first linka dn get the strem there. aswell as prem matches etc.

u gna be watching it live 95?
    poet. didndt know it.

7. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

may do, my mate is recording it on setanta sports for me also, I may watch it tomorrow on his fat tv or on this screen, I'll see

8. magpie

magpie Member

good to see gsp win and hold on to his belt he is a good fighter

9. DJHaze

brock battered him, that 12 second fight was good aswell lol.

10. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

BJ Penn vs GSP II Confirmed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When Dana White convinced BJ Penn to drop down to lightweight (Penn's natural fighting weight) from welterweight in order participate in The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 and help solidify a weight class that sorely needed a superstar, Penn agreed under the condition that he would be allowed to move back up to welterweight once he cleaned out the lightweight division.

Three dominant performances at lightweight including two championship victories have apparently convinced White that Penn is ready to move back up to welterweight where he's dropped his past two fights; a controversial decision loss to Georges St. Pierre and a loss to Matt Hughes in which Penn dominated the fight before suffering a severe rib injury and was promptly TKO'd for the first time in his career.

?I don?t know,? White said, ?BJ was here tonight all fired up cheering for GSP; they both really want that fight. I?m gonna let that fight happen."

As for Penn's future at 155, Penn himself has stated that he plans to defend his lightweight title while moving back and forth between light and welterweight taking on all comers in both weight class.

"I'd like to fight welterweight and lightweight at the same time if I could," said Penn. "I'm moving up to the welterweight division and moving down to defend the lightweight title."

Penn has been lobbying for another fight with St. Pierre since dropping a razor thin decision to St. Pierre two and a half years ago at UFC 58; but St. Pierre warned that things may be different the next time they meet in the octagon.

?I?m way more skilled than I was before,? St. Pierre told reporters in reference to his last fight with Penn.

Penn has also stated that he's a different fighter since rededicating himself to the sport after a loss to Matt Hughes and both men have been dominant in every one of their fights against top notch opponents over the past year and a half.

A source close to the situation has informed Fightline.com that the fight will take place on December 27 of this year, corroborating a previous report that the two would meet for the UFC's New Years Eve show so that date looks likely at this point.

We'll have more details as this story continues to develop. "

http://www.fightline.com/news/2008/8...n_336848.shtml

[​IMG]

11. AfroJafro

AfroJafro Member

Brock is a beast.. Who won then?

ps love that thing in ya sig

12. Triple M

Triple M Admin

Brock Lesnar won his fight. Herring lasted the distance, but was pretty fucked up by the end!

13. magpie

magpie Member

BJ Penn vs GSP will be some fight as the both of them have really turned in to good fighters since the last time they fought but still think that gsp will win but it will be a close fight

14. 1995ting

1995ting Active Member

it will be an epic fight, it could go either way imo, if bj comes in with good conditioning and stops gsp from taking him down he could win. But gsp has sick wrestling skills and bj may be too doughy at ww, can't wait

15. DJHaze

he was battered!

16. AfroJafro

AfroJafro Member

Watched this last night. Brock Smashed him up. Tho's knee's to the back would of had me tapping haha.
    Lol at the celebration before the bell on the 3rd :D