Uber Rave

Flatmatt

VIP Junglist
When was the last time you went to a seriously phat rave, you know the kind, the ones with a hundred rigs running at least 5kW each?! For me it's been ages (since i was like 15) is anybody up for creating one, and i mean something special, a rave to tell the grandkids about (when we've got 'em!) one that people will be talking about in 10 years time!?

Anyhow, i reckon it'd be a wicked idea.

:slayer:

I've been to raves like that...NYE 99 in Stratford, a massive 8 story building with basements and systems everywhere, basements, rooftops, corridors, outside. People I knew with systems estimated there were over 100 there. (Some floors had 20 odd on!)

Literally back to back and a wall of sound - collapsing on top of you... A lot of the time you didn't know which one you were hearing...

Dunno of any that size since, but the same people used to tell me about the Glasto travellers site which had loads, before they clamped down.

While it's fun wandering round finding still yet more systems, I think I prefer 2 or 3 really good ones in a safe environment, with a variety of music.

Quality over quantity.

I'm happy with 1 if I know I'll like the music and the sound's good.

I used to love the outdoor ones in teh summer! good times, good times!

Havnt been to any uber raves though... m ost iver been too had about 10 ish rigs. Still cool though!

Went to a massive one in wembley a while back in a warehouse and it was huge... we kept wandering into to different sections of the place and litttle rooms and stuff each had a rig in ready to be discovered...

Flatmatt said:
i have heard of some pretty huge free parties up in Wales but i'm not sure if i've got the courage to brave the natives......a wise man once said "incest is best!":lol:
Last year, the UK technival took place out there, around 5 thousand people and 40+ systems. It was a good bash.

TBH, the rave scene is wank nowdays, the glory days are definately well and truely over.
Running them within london entails serious security in order to protect your ravers. Outta london is plagued by police combine it together with the rise of ketamine, and it's not the most beautiful thing.

Saying that,

did the Punkfunk Stage @ Global last weekend and that was a fucking joke n all. Limited to fuck. I know the engineer in the Dnb tent, they had duel environmental monitoring within the tent, restricted to a smooth 97db all night.

For those with the DB knowledge, heres it in simple terms.

Next weekend, my sisters wedding can have music afterwards up to 97db.

Dnb tent at the UK's premier dance music festival the same volume as my sisters wedding.

Hmmm,

fucked up.

um, the Millennium rave in Perth with 11 000 people, 4 arenas (house, techno, breaks, dnb) sunrise on the grass at 4.30am with 5000 mashed ravers was kinda fun, but I was hallucinating quite remarkably at the time, so who knows wtf was happnin ...

mesh said:
um, the Millennium rave in Perth with 11 000 people, 4 arenas (house, techno, breaks, dnb) sunrise on the grass at 4.30am with 5000 mashed ravers was kinda fun, but I was hallucinating quite remarkably at the time, so who knows wtf was happnin ...

Sounds much more like it

Czech Tek 2004

15.000 ravers, at least 100 rigs, in the middle of nowhere in the Czech countryside..
same coppers where familiar with middle of nowhere, so they kicked our arses 4 days into the mosh..
oh well, sumthin to tell the grandchildren..

I've never been to a free rave, but I went to EDC in cali this year, and there were like 40,000 people. it was pretty dope, got to see dieselboy and planet of the drums!

Back
Top Bottom