u-He Satin

Discussion in 'Production' started by Sulihin, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Sulihin

Sulihin Active Member

u-He just released a tape-simulation plugin, Satin. Any thoughts or opinions on it yet?
    Introductory price until October 7 so I'm thinking of picking it up as I've not been disappointed with u-He thusfar. Just no real clue what I'd do with it!

2. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

I like U-He. They have made some decent plug ins that I need to invest in. The only thing that lets them down slightly IMO is the GUI. Not just how it looks but where things are located etc... I feel that it could be more sleek.

I'm just being fussy though

3. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

I did the free beat they had out on this thing last week. I think the delay & flanger sound pretty top notch, but the actual tape sim. itself sounds pretty poop. Of course, I didn't use it in a whole lot of situations just a few places where I'd consider adding this type of plug.

4. lostnthesound

lostnthesound Burns Easily in the Sun

I'm really diggin' it. When used in moderation, it can really add some nice smack to your drums or even some extra sheen/air to vocals. I would definitely suggest downloading the demo first as it's a plugin that's certainly not for everyone. Admittedly, I can't honestly say that I'll use it all the time. However, u-he is easily one of my favorite developers and I have no problem supporting the group's products.

On a sidenote: Urs informed me that can expect a very hefty update to DIVA in the near future including a dedicated arp/step sequencer...

Cheers.

5. Audiofan

Audiofan New Member

6. BadnewsDnB

BadnewsDnB Member

Its quite cool im using it more and more recently, not on the level of Kramer in terms of sound. The best software tape machine is by UAD and that is by a fair distance.