Tyler/MSUK - Tomorrow(Liquid/Ambient)

MSUK

Hey, Got a new track up. This was basically a rundown of a few ideas I had in my head, so I punched them into the sequencer.

http://www.myspace.com/tylermsuk

Feedback appreciated, since I'm sort've new to this thing. I would also like a rundown on EQ if it's not much of a problem. My mixes tend to sound really muddy.

The intro is very good, but a bit long-winded. You could introduce the tom a bit earlier and trick some other stuff too. just simple Fx's will do. To keep the listeners interest, see?

I was expecting a whole another kind of track and not this squarepusher kind of thing, but not bad still. Give your drums a little punch and it's proper warpage.

And while the piano part is really good, you could change it a bit in some parts, like a chorus thing or something. It's good but it gets on my nervers after 4 minutes of the same.

Locked....

Some of the bass notes are out of key in the intro

good idea there tho

feelin the jungle vibes on this, could be pretty kool too if u got the bass working right with everything else

drums need work tho, layering up 2-3 snares and kick drums to harden them up

got a vibe there tho bro ;)

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Yeah Karma, I see what you mean about the piano lead being repetetive. It's just how you have something down and then you think it's fine the way it is, I do get problems with variation with most aspects that aren't drums.

And as for the intro, I guess I was taking down a Bukem-ish path. I usually have long-winded intros so i can eventually introduce everything and then get into the swing, though I'll try and shorten them down/make them more interesting. Thanks though :)

i thought the intro was interesting as their are a lot of subtle changes and introductions. i'd keep the intro at this length man but thats just taste, i'd like that intro ride to be a bit brighter tho, maybe its myspaz messing with it. yeh you could also look into some EQing and gating techniques for those drums to make them snap a bit harsher.

sounds like you got the selector break in their which is a lovely break, listen to squarepusher come on my selector and try to make the break snap close to his

good post though man. whats the vox from? im trying to place them..

good post though man. whats the vox from? im trying to place them..

The vox? If you're talking about the vocal samples during the intro and interlude, that was sampled from a cutscene in Final Fantasy X

Thanks for the comments man. I'm no genius at EQ but I would like it if somebody gave me more of an insight

Nice intro mate. I would say the sub sounds sonically weak, might be myspace tho.
Nice old skool drums, need to be more prominent tho. The synths and piano needs to stop to allow the tune to break down into a deep hypnotic drums and sub section. Jungle drums and a good sub bass can carry a tune well for a long while with variation in the drums. Kama is right about the piano. Too much of a good thing mate!
respect

Nice intro mate. I would say the sub sounds sonically weak, might be myspace tho.
Nice old skool drums, need to be more prominent tho. The synths and piano needs to stop to allow the tune to break down into a deep hypnotic drums and sub section. Jungle drums and a good sub bass can carry a tune well for a long while with variation in the drums. Kama is right about the piano. Too much of a good thing mate!
respect

Thanks man

Yeah I'm thinking of either taking the piano and synths out during either the first or second drop. And about the drums, I've been finding trouble in increasing their volume and punch without being too overpowering over everything else :(

I expected a bit more after that intro, the beat kicked in too late and wasn;t loud enough. Intro and vibe is good though. Needs a little work mate. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom