Drum & Bass tyDi - Live this Lie feat. Carmen Keigans Drum and Bass Remix

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Dark Lizardro, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Ok, people! My last thread didn't get far (nobody took the time to actually listen to the song, I believe), but I'm ok with it.

Anways, here's the track that I uploaded to the god damn contest. It's a dnb remix of a trance song, so you may expect something a little more happy that I'm supposed to be doing.

Cheers!

2. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

I find that simple drum patterns, with good drum sounds, sound better than more complex drum patterns with lesser sounds, thats my only thing im not to keen on.

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

The intro is nice. I think one of your kicks should be a ghost kick to give a better rolling sound. At about 2:20 the song just kind of changes. It goes into a bass solo. I feel the transition needs work to give a clear distinction between parts. In fact I feel all of your transitions need work. Also when the bass comes in at 2:20 the top end sounds rather mono. Some parallel processing and stereo field widening would be useful.
    For the rest of the track, FX sounds that have the question - answer effect can really help tie a track together as back ground noise, or if worked properly, a main part of the mix.
    Overall, it sounds like your mixing and track engineering is competent, but the details of the track are lacking. I have the same problem. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  4. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Thanks on the feedback, man! I recognize I have some struggling when it comes to transitions. I guess it's just part of the trial and error, and learning curve we all have tio pass through.

Thanks, again, on the top end advices. I do have these feelings that my tracks lack some top end stereo, and the basses are soloing. I'm just trying to get better at this.

thanks, mate!