Two previews of upcoming tracks, entirely different from my recent stuff!

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
Yeahh, got some projects coming up in the House scene.
Probably going to work together with a female vocalist.

So I started practicing a bit with House and the genres around it.
This first project is a Progressive House track:

This one is a more Electro kind of track:

More Drum & Bass is also coming up, working hard on the HypeMan Sage/Filed Under: K remix. Also working on some Drum & Bass tracks for a Dutch Hiphop group with some international connections, but can't say much about that yet.

Feedback is welcome!

Last edited:
Bump.

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Is everyone too afraid to say something about a non-dnb track? :D

1st track - Sounds nice but and nicely produced and the arrangements fine but imo its not too progressive. the idea with house is to kinda save your best till last, i think if when the drums cut out and whilst keeping what you have there your brought in another synth, with a similar sound but take the melody to another level, somthing to grab the dancers attentions. Some vocals wouldn't go a miss either.

2nd track - far too heavy for me but yeah good work on the production.

you hollanders like your heavy house don't ya! :P

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

sorry that sounds a little negative, its all very good stuff :)

1st track - Sounds nice but and nicely produced and the arrangements fine but imo its not too progressive. the idea with house is to kinda save your best till last, i think if when the drums cut out and whilst keeping what you have there your brought in another synth, with a similar sound but take the melody to another level, somthing to grab the dancers attentions. Some vocals wouldn't go a miss either.

2nd track - far too heavy for me but yeah good work on the production.

you hollanders like your heavy house don't ya! :P

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

sorry that sounds a little negative, its all very good stuff :)

It is progressive, when the drums are cut out, there comes in a second layer on top of the melody, as well the melody itself changes.
Later on in the track I want to add another change like that.

This two thing are still snippets, nothing finished really.

Track 1

I like the intro, nice deep kicks, very relaxed. Nice riser and little break. I think the drop could be a little more epic but it sounds ok as is. Maybe a nice deep impact would help it drop.

Track rolls along nicely, and is a very ambient chilled piece. I like it.

Track - 2

Completely different feel straight away with this one...heavy as fuck mate. Reminds me of some old Lisa Lashes cd I got laying around somewhere.

I think the EQing needs to be cleaned up a bit on this one, but I like it none the less....I think this one's got huge potential!

Im not really feeling the first one, theres not enough going on for my liking.
But the second one i actually really like it, and i dont really like electro lol

Good Job man

Im not really feeling the first one, theres not enough going on for my liking.
But the second one i actually really like it, and i dont really like electro lol

Good Job man

And still there is a lot more going on in the first one. LOL :D

The first House Tune is way too minimal for me... PROD sounds solid on it though... so good job on that.
The second House Tune is right up my alley, nice and Techy. Love all the Bit Decimation on that Midrange LEad... but with only 53 seconds, I can't tell a whole lot. PROD sounds good on this one too.

Yeah I'm going to work those out, but I'm working on about 10 tunes at the moment in 3 or 4 different genres,so shit is kinda hectic at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom