Twisted Words ... inspired by Spliifs recent thread...

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
the saying .... ' i cant be arsed '

see i cant be arsed, is a southern thing, and its been crossed... originally it was ' i cant be asked ' , but ' asked ' in a posh voice, sounds like arsed to a northerner , im sure it cant actually be ' i cant be arsed ' .. this makes no sense , '' i need to go to the shop to get some bread, but i cant be fucked up the bottom '' ... i cant be asked, however makes sense, meaning, even if you asked me to do it , im too lazy too do it ..

id like anyone elses opinions on my theory of these twisted words ...

do you say 'asked'

or 'arsed'

i need to know before the forum piss-up , so i can gauge who im going to be able to anally rape ..

also any other saying tat people get twisted, id like them being discussed on the double

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

and fuck it ...

explain

SPLIT-ARSE ... if you think you can

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
mums a southerner, dads a northerner, so when i was little i thought women had bahths and men had baths

it's like that joke, "wots a bison?"

"something u wash u face in mate"

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
definitely can't be arsed.

i assume its abbreviated from i can't be bothered to get off my arse and do it. thats what i always think.

also "fuck that"
surely you would use it to suggest something is good (ie i'd like to fuck that)
why is it used to describe something you wouldn't want to do, when in fact the word fuck is verb?

Dan M

hard gay northern bear
VIP Junglist
its nothing to do with cant be asked who the fuck told you that. youve embarrassed yourself.

i cant be arsed. its about being lazy. get off your fat arse and do it etc.

spiderfran286

"Yes, squid pro roe..."
VIP Junglist
"i cant be arsed". As in "i cant be bothered to get of my lazy arse and do it"

"i cant be asked" makes no sense, because you must of already asked me for my reply to be "i can't be arsed"

dnb in ya face

Loud and Dirrrty
VIP Junglist
I used to think it was " I cant be asked " when I was in promary school and just thought it was a perfectly normal expression.

Teacher asks me to do something one day and i say " I Cant be asked" thinking nothing of it.

I got a massive bollocking because they thought I said " I Cant be ARSED" and i tried explaining and they laughed at me and didnt believe me. from that moment on I knew there was no such thing as I CANT BE ASKED

So, Ethix, I feel your pain man

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
its nothing to do with cant be asked who the fuck told you that. youve embarrassed yourself.
the saying .... ' i cant be arsed ' or i cant be 'asked'

see i cant be asked, is a southern thing, and its been crossed.....
id like anyone elses opinions on my theory of these twisted words ...

do you say 'asked'

or 'arsed'

i read it on the Urban Dictionary , wen i heard some southerners saying, ''i cant be asked ....''

have a look for yourself ..

Urban Dictionary

1. can't be asked

Used by some Southern UK speakers in place of can't be arsed because they misheard it, or want to be more polite.
"I can't be asked to tidy my room - I'll do it tomorrow."

i knew it was just coz southerners misheard it , and thought 'arsed' was 'asked' ... i doubt its the polite thing that the urban dictionary claims ..

SO FUCK ALL YOUZ .. AM NOT IN THIS ON MY OWN .... YAFAKINERD !!

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

as i said, its been misheard and crossed either way

Last edited:

SIRUS

変なひと
VIP Junglist
i remember having this conversation with someone in 1992.
it was originally I CAN'T BE ASKED.

correct

bloke a; do you want to go to the pub?
bloke b; nah, i can't be asked. (meaning; i'm not interested however much you ask me)

incorrect

bloke b; nah, i can't be arsed. (meaning; i can't go, i'm far too fat and lazy to get off the sofa)

basically, i can't be arsed is for lazy people. i can't be asked is an expression of a definitive answer.

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
i remember having this conversation with someone in 1992.
it was originally I CAN'T BE ASKED.

correct

bloke b; nah, i can't be asked. (meaning; i'm not interested however much you ask me)

incorrect

bloke b; nah, i can't be arsed. (meaning; i can't go, i'm far too fat and lazy to get off the sofa)

basically, i can't be arsed is for lazy people. i can't be asked is an expression of a definitive answer.

thankyou .... this and my urban dictionary example , proves i am not actually insane...

daniel .... go fuck your fat roidy ringer son x