Twisted Scientist Project - Moment of Silence *** I'll appriciate ur Feedback ***

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mrachniot, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Mrachniot

Mrachniot Macedonian Drum & Bass

Dudes, i proudly present to u my second track. lol this sounds like i'm presenting the stuff of the year :))
    nvm ... this is my second track and i like to hear your opinion about it ... here it is.

2. Mrachniot

3. dj cluster

dj cluster Member

snare after drop is too high! try to use one other sample... I'm lovin strings ;)

4. TarekFM

TarekFM Producer

point taken!! i really like ur ideas and the theme of this track, my only beef is that the bottom end seems to either b a bit muddy/ or lack cohesiveness and punch...however, tighten it up and u got one beautiful track on ur hands:)

....honestly not bragging but listen to the bottom end of my track and then listen to yours u will hear what i mean...just some tweaks and u r there:)

anyways, really nice dramatic idea...btw ur english is really good no?:)

5. Mrachniot

thanks about ur comment ...
    ps: what's wrong with my english ? :)

6. TarekFM

TarekFM Producer

no m8 ur english is really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its just that i noticed u r from macedonia so i m impressed w ur english

7. djdevz

djdevz Member

tareks right mate, sounds a lil muddy, i think maybe u have a lil too much distortion on ur low synth, or its an octave too low.
    if its made of 2 or 3 oscillators try n turn the lowest one an octave higher, then u can fill the low end with ur sub n it wont conflict as much.

n i find if u want to distort something a lot but still keep it clean, have more than one plugin distoring the sound but by only a small amount each.
    small is big in music production.

(btw im a bit hypocritical because i dont follow my own advice to the letter, but then again its all with ur ears no?)

but loving the string n u got a good melody and base of a track there...just make sure your freqs are clashing too much.

8. Mrachniot

Concidering that i'm mixing and mastering only on my pc, and from equipment i only use Korg NanoPAD and NanoKEY ... i'm happy with that sound ... but u ppl are unhappy ...
    i'll release 1 more track soon on this speakers ... and i'll stop after that .. until i get sum good monitors ...
    thanks devz ... i appriciate ur comment ... 1L

also ... i'm listening on 5.1 surround sistem :/

9. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

nice ideas, technically needs allot of work, keep at it!

10. TarekFM

TarekFM Producer

don't be 2 discouraged!! i don't use monitors either......just a matter of knowing ur system really..plus i only use Renoise, no hardware...but getting a wicked sound from it!

as they say its not the tools but how u use em!

er btw...u wanted a comment, but no comment on my track other than u wanted a comment! cmon m8:)

11. Mrachniot

Thanks to all for ur honest comments ;)

12. steeze

steeze New Member

Pretty epic tune here man, but i'm going to have to agree with the majority, the low end is sounding real messy and indistinct. Like other people said, try taking some of the distortion off, perhaps raise some of the oscillators and eq it a little. Other than that there's some really nice ideas, maybe a more predominant lead section would work as well. Keep it up :)

13. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Cool and pretty dramatic:)

14. Mrachniot

thanks for all ur comments dudes ... i hope that i'll fix all my mistakes ... that all depends on my sound sistem ... cause is really shitty ;/

15. duttymonster

duttymonster deep in the jungle

i agree with the other guys constructive criticism. the elements are there (and pretty epic) but the drum mixing is not nice and that growly synth is overpowering.

16. ManuForti

ManuForti Detached Audio

i notice a lot people using the word epic here and i totaly agree its a banging tune production is mabye letting it down some but really nice ideas.

i was using 5;1 surround when i started aswell and it just doesnt work in my opinion so i kept the amp and put two Aiwa (lol) speakers into it and it seems much better, i set the amp to flat because i read somewhere that if you can get it to sound good on flat settings then your onto a winner (this may be wrong) so if proper monitors arent an option just now you could try that. i also opted for a set of Sure srh440 headphones and i have to say theyre pretty good only cost me £70

anyway nice ideas keep at it

17. tainted beats

tainted beats Member

nice track arrangement is pretty good but i think at times the higher parts are a bit too loud

18. Mrachniot

19. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

keep at it mate, great ideas in there, but you will slowly learn the techniques to bring those ideas to life properly.

i like this beat actually. its rolling very nicely..
    yeh keep the tunes coming mate this place will turn u pro in no time ! very good for a second track.

feel free to return feedback as you say, http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?112017-haystack
    my thread needs a bump anyway :p

---------- Post added at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

i replied to you in my thread but basically my set up is - reason 5, Alesis M1 mk2 monitors, behringer umx49 Midi keyboard, all the cheap stuff basically hahaha

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  20. Mrachniot

Okey guys, there will be 1 more track this week. Hope that will be better than this two. Peace TSP