Twisted Individual & SS - Lighter remixes (Formation)

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
"Lighter rmxs" - Twisted Individual & DJ SS (Formation)

Celebrating their 10th year representing, Formation carry on their catalogue with two "new" remixes of the Sound of The Future (SS) classic, "Lighter".
The one that really does it for me on here is the Twisted Individual mix. Unless you've been locked in a dark room with ear plugs in, you will no doubt have heard this tune at pretty much every rave you have been to over the last year. The tune starts with a filtered version of that familiar piano intro that has caused so much damage over the years, before turning into one of the most punishing breaks that Twisted Individual has put to vinyl. Tearing drums and his trademark basslines battle it out, the end result being one of the freshest and most cained tunes of last year.
On the flip, you have SS's remix. You may remember this as the mix that everyone was caining around millenium time, and finally its had an official release. Unfortunately, I think this will have resulted in a lot of people becoming bored of it over such a long period of time. This is a shame cos this is a very good remix, but coupled with the fact you have a fresher mix on the other side, I dont think you'll be hearing this too often.

Mulla
(11.4.2002)

I've got a feelin' I won't be playing this much :/

As you said, the DJSS 99 remix has been over cained. That's a typical example of labels taking too long to release choonage. The SS remix is wicked too.

I've not really paid much attention to the TI remix, I'm going to give it a good listen to since I have quickly gone off the SS remix.

Plus I'm loving 'F Word' at the moment, so.. ;]

Back
Top Bottom