Tweeter Problems

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
Hey all,

Haven't mixed for a couple of days, last time I did everything sounded fine. Just had a mix and noticed it sounded muffled. Found out the treble isn't working on one of my speakers. It seems like the tweeter part of the speaker has stopped working. I've tried swapping round all the connections to determine the problem is definetly in the speaker and not the mixer etc.

I thought of one thing that may have caused it, the last time I finished, I turned off a lamp before I had turned off the speakers. The speaker near the lamp (and connected to the same multi-plug) made a sharp crackle. Do you think this is what has caused it? Some kind of electronic interference?

The speakers I have are JBL EON Power-15. Same as this one...
r0010.jpg

They are active speakers and very loud.

Will this be easy to repair? Do you know how much this may cost, and if its a do-it-yourself jobby?

Cheers

it was probably caused by bad "mojo" retreive this back by helping a fellow friend in life towards their goal.

or ?

Don't try and do it yourself, much better to get someone who knows their shit.. I think these have a titanium tweeter, possbily cost you around 75 - 85£'s for one. I think the part you need is called a 'Replacement horn diaphragm (DIA444)' double check it with a stockist first. It's a proper bitch i know - i completely mullered my speakers by trying a bit of DIY, luckily they were under waranty but still took fuckin ages for the replacement parts, you should really replace both of them together - which i didn't do and regret, but probably way to expensive in your case. good luck man hope you get it sorted .. U

Hey all,

Haven't mixed for a couple of days, last time I did everything sounded fine. Just had a mix and noticed it sounded muffled. Found out the treble isn't working on one of my speakers. It seems like the tweeter part of the speaker has stopped working. I've tried swapping round all the connections to determine the problem is definetly in the speaker and not the mixer etc.

I thought of one thing that may have caused it, the last time I finished, I turned off a lamp before I had turned off the speakers. The speaker near the lamp (and connected to the same multi-plug) made a sharp crackle. Do you think this is what has caused it? Some kind of electronic interference?

The speakers I have are JBL EON Power-15. Same as this one...
r0010.jpg

They are active speakers and very loud.

Will this be easy to repair? Do you know how much this may cost, and if its a do-it-yourself jobby?

Cheers

Think I found the part I need for under £30, it's not official JBL but should do the job..

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/speaker-parts-cp/JBL-2418/DIA-JBL/JBL/

I emailed them asking how easy it is to repair for a complete novice, got this reply:

"Yes, the pop blew you diaphragm.
Simply remove the blown diaphragm and replace it with a new one. Its that
simple. No soldering. An 8-in Philips screwdriver."

Seems like my best bet. We bought the speakers cheaply in the first place and I can't afford to get someone else to repair them, so this is the best I can do! Thanks for your help.

kool..i had a problem like that once..it turned out to be my amp though..i left an unenclosed 12in sub ontop of it and the magnet did something to it....a few weeks after it started working fine though

Back
Top Bottom