TURNTABLES

Messages
20
Likes
0
#1
what do you think should be anotehr good turntable for me to buy? i already got a gemini pdt6000, price range around 200 per table, 250 at most, dont have a ton of money =/ lemme know waht u think
 
Messages
20
Likes
0
#5
what technics can i find for 250 or under?
the only reason i baught this gemini pdt6000 was because of the features it came with, also compared by many people they said it was as good as technics, similar torque etc, however this table come with the pitch control, and key adjustment witch allows you to change tempo withought affeting pitch, bought it, it was sex in a turntable =) lol
 

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,322
Likes
15
#6
Go on ebay and search for Technics 1200/1210 mk2, its possible to grab one for £150, maybe even less depending on the seller and the amount of bids.
 

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Messages
5,902
Likes
15
#7
thereactorleak said:
what technics can i find for 250 or under?
the only reason i baught this gemini pdt6000 was because of the features it came with, also compared by many people they said it was as good as technics, similar torque etc, however this table come with the pitch control, and key adjustment witch allows you to change tempo withought affeting pitch, bought it, it was sex in a turntable =) lol
But they don't have them in clubs. Technics mk2s are the standard and you won't go wrong learning on them. A very few clubs have Vestax PDX2000s... wonderful tables very different to Technics in playing - you're fucked if you don't know how to play a Technics.

So if you want to play in clubs, Technics, if you want to play at home, any high-end table like the Vestax will do you good.
 
Messages
20
Likes
0
#10
hmm i think im going to buy technis 1200 mk2, but still keep the pdt 6000 its now out of production just something cool to have, was looking at pdt6k though, its a digital turntable, revolutionary steps to digital turntablism, anyone know where i could get a reasonably priced 1200mk2 please let me know
 

nickdawg

nuthin but the dawg in me
Messages
236
Likes
0
#11
thereactorleak said:
what do you think should be anotehr good turntable for me to buy? i already got a gemini pdt6000, price range around 200 per table, 250 at most, dont have a ton of money =/ lemme know waht u think
Toss your gemini in the trash and get 2 1200's immediately! If you go on ebay you can easily find 1200mk2's in good working condition for $150-200 each...not sure where you live but if you live in the UK make sure you get the UK version as the UK and non-UK versions are electrically wired differently.

Don't bother with anything else as you will regret the fact you didn't get a 12 a year or two down the road, and when you do eventually buy a 12 nobody will want to buy a gemini/numark/stanton/etc that you're trying to get rid of. Trust me, I learned this the hard way :bone:
 

nickdawg

nuthin but the dawg in me
Messages
236
Likes
0
#12
All the features (key lock, different pitch ranges, digital out, digital display, slick looks) that many new tables have are great but I've used a ton of different decks and there is not one that can hold its pitch better than the Technics. It's a fucking pain to layer tracks and do extended mixing on anything else besides the 1200 as I find myself constantly having to ride the pitch to keep the beats on two songs synched.

The Vestax 2000/2300 is the only table that is even close to the 1200 imo, the torque in that thing is amazing and is AWESOME for scratching, but it still doesn't hold pitch as well as the technics. It's also a bit on the pricey side and is expensive even for a used deck; a bit out of your price range.
 

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Messages
5,902
Likes
15
#14
nickdawg said:
The Vestax 2000/2300 is the only table that is even close to the 1200 imo, the torque in that thing is amazing and is AWESOME for scratching, but it still doesn't hold pitch as well as the technics. .
? I've locked a Vestax with a cd players for long minutes...
 

nickdawg

nuthin but the dawg in me
Messages
236
Likes
0
#15
I guess I'm just a bit biased towards the 1200 :twisted: I do like vestax's 2000/2300 decks as they have a ton of torque and they can hold pitch pretty well, but I still noticed I would have to slide the pitch occasionally when I had 2 songs locked. I've only used the 2000 3-4 times though, and each time w/at least 5 beers in me so my mixing was probably a lil off anyways :lol:

Either way vestax decks IMO are close to the 1200 in quality but used models still sell for about $100 more than a 1200mk2, which is out of reactorleak's price range.
 

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Messages
5,902
Likes
15
#16
nickdawg said:
Either way vestax decks IMO are close to the 1200 in quality but used models still sell for about $100 more than a 1200mk2, which is out of reactorleak's price range.
Can't go wrong with a 1210/1200. That's what I'd advise buying though I love my Vestaxes and their quartz lock, pitch and arm (which is maybe why they are more expensive second hand :) ) I was well fucked when I had to play on different decks in clubs after learning on Vs. He.
 
Messages
9
Likes
0
#17
they all claim to be "just as good" as the technics. sorry, no. the 1200's are known as industry standard and as mentioned, are in all clubs.

buy yourself some mk2's, you will not regret it. ever.
 
Top