turntables

daniel_91

Hi,

I am new to the forum and wasn't quite sure where to post this as i am looking for advice tt's.

I currently own a pair of reloop rp2000's and wondered if its worth upgrading to some 1210's. basically i've been mixing for about 8 months and quickly got the grasp of beatmatching as i can very quickly find he point where songs are almost perfect but i find that im constantly correcting and only get a descent match 80% of the time as im constntly battling with the pitch control. After alot of frustration im starting to wonder how good and accurate the pitch control on these tt's are as sometimes it doesn't matter how much i fine tune, the tunes still fall out of beat.

So basically wondering if anyone on this forum has used both the reloops and technics and give a comparison and comfirm that they arent that good and that i would find mixing on some 1210's much easier or atleast when i get hem nearly spot on i can fine tune more accurately.

cheers in advance

Daniel

hi i have never used a pair of reloops, so dont know about the quality of the pitch, technics are likely to be better, but it kind of sounds like you havent mastered beat matching properly...not many have, to be able to get 2 tunes in sync and stay there first time is hard depending on the tunes. shot in the dark, but u know anyone who owns some technics or where u can have a little play on some? either way, u wont be disappointed with technics, just not sure they will fix your problem, tho like i said ive never used reloops.

ps should probably go in djs, turntablism... section

Most cheaper turntables don't have the best pitch and they aren't always as precise as they should be.

My old Numarks were terrible between -3% and +3% literally you couldnt lock two tunes in that area unless you were luck. It was like they didnt respond properly.

I have found it a lot easier to lock tunes in on a set of Technics

sounds like you havent mastered beat matching properly
it will be this.
dont be down. it takes years to master.
if your touching the platter or record for any reason, the pitch is not correct.
also it will hardly ever be 100% pitch perfect.
learn the pitch riding technique for best results.

personally i'd stick with ur reloops for a bit longer and then upgrade. the technics will be a bit tighter i'd imagine but i dont think it will solve ur issue. the pitch works on the same principle across all turntables.
for example i can still beatmatch fine on beltdriven tables.

give it a while. if u still enjoy djing and see yourself carrying the hobby on, then defiantley upgrade. they will be ur turntables for life if u treat them well.

I'd just get some 1210s mate to be honest. Learn on them, sounds to me like you know what you should be doing but just aren't quite there yet. I was in this position at one stage, my first truntables were some Stantons which were really difficult to master. I then bought some technics and in about 2 weeks I had it pretty much nailed. Make the step up man, totally worth it, they are easier to use. You can then concentrate on the fun stuff, mixing.

Dont let people make out your not good enough at mixing if u touch the record/platter. its not ideal but 90% of people who i know who DJ do this!

if the tunes in the headphones i dont see the problem with touching the platter, if the pitch is in but the tunes just out of sync (kind of contradicts itself but it does happen) it wont be audible. However if the tunes playing its best to use the pitch if you can, sometimes not that easy. I used to have numark tt something or others. In short they werent great. However, when i swapped to technics, it was like learning to mix all over again. thank fuck i got my own before playing out cos i was shit on technics at first, theyre so different to weak tt's. but once you get used to them, there untouchable

yes. there is no other way. sooner or later you will get them, if you continue mixing. i used to have stanton t-60's - not bad tt-s to be honest - beatmatching is on stantons is like beatmatching on technics as mentioned in a way before, but technics are just the best in the world. and once you have these babys the only upgrading question concerning turntables will be "should i get the 3rd one?" ;)

Back
Top Bottom