Turntables

D-Jhepz

◕‿◕
VIP Junglist
Hey all...

I wanna get some vinyl turn tables but honestly have no idea what to look for... can i have some suggestions and why you recommend them please?

As for a 4 channel mixer i think im gonna settle for allan and heath xone 92 linear mixer :D (will be saving for a LOOONGGG time)

as much as id hate to say it... (im a Vestax PDX 2000 mk 2 Pro owener.. yeah.. say that tens times fast).... 1210's will last you a lifetime.... 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th hand... makes no difference... quick service... which is uaully about £50-£80 at the most and they are back to new....

also.... search "Turntable Pimp" on facebook... and check the badness...... its a member on here who does it all.... sick work!

My 1210's are 3rd hand and are older than me i think.

Theyre still perfect. Just slightly dodgy ground on one of them.

If you dont treat them like shit they'll outlive you.

If you want to go for a xone 92 (which i highly recomend, excellent mixer) i recomend checking out djfinance. Im paying £60 a month (interest free) for 2 years for my xone 92 and serato SL4. Best decision i made in a long time, stopped me having to save for like 8 months.

My 1210's are 3rd hand and are older than me i think.

If you dont treat them like shit they'll outlive you.

All of the above. 1210's all the way.
I paid (a long time ago mind) 200 quid for 2 1210's and a mixer way back when I was 17.
The cosmetics were dogshite, but they were pretty good for the early years.
They have taken the brunt of sitting in my loft as I used my mates decks for a year or so...(one of the tonearms is busted, both pitches nackered)
as Rocksteady says speak to the Turntable Pimp.
I'm sending off both my turntables to be restored tomorrow. Oli is a decent guy on the phone. definitely worth hitting up some of the pictures. His work is rather astounding.

i might just have to add... although they come back stupedly nice! it takes a long time!

& yours were in good nick! not concerned about how long I won't be able to mix for but getting asked to do sets and stuff without having any decks isn't great!

I think it will definitely be worth the wait...for the long term anyway.

Back
Top Bottom