turntables or cdjs?

Bluntman420

should i get technics or cdjs.... what are some good cdjs? and what are the plus sides to each one... got about £400 - 500 to spend...

thanks.

u could possibly afford some second hand technics in that price range.

with regards to turntables or cdj's

its personal preference ... only u can decide that
personally i think owning turntables to learn on first is best.
some good cdj's are the pioneers.. however they come at a price.

with that current budget technics, but its gonna cost you more long term for vinyl, unless you take the route with serato/traktor etc

yer got a mixer but it is shit....got some numarks and mixer in a bundle for £100 like last year.. i can mix fine on technics as my mates have them, i was just thinking tunes would be cheaper on cdjs.

yeah thats true mate but to me and alot of other people, you just can't beat that feeling of slapping a vinyl on a deck.. It just doesn't feel the same in cdj's for some reason. Also mp3 shopping is boring as hell, whereas going to your local record shop hunting for bargains and putting them on your deck for that first mix is well up there with wanking and shitting!

Yeah that is true man, but at the moment as i don't have alot of money im just buying those really special tunes on vinyl and the other stuff digitally. Works out well as i have alot of the bangers on vinyl which is obviously nice!!

should i get technics or cdjs.... what are some good cdjs? and what are the plus sides to each one... got about £400 - 500 to spend...

thanks.

Totally depends on your personal choice brother. See what you are comfortable with. CD's or Vinyl, beats or scratch. If i had to choose :-

1. Keep Vinyls alive bro.

2, If you are into hip-hop & RnB, Go Vinyl.

3. Techno-Trance then CDJ.

4. Cost effective upgrade - CDJ

5. Money to splash up - Turntable

had the same problem for about a year, couldnt decide between them turnies & cdjs, got myself 2 second-hand technics last month and im totally happy with it. from my pov turnies is the best choice, u start to value music again imo when u got the record in your hands imo, and thats worth it...

ye, i got turntables and recently got a 3rd instead of a cdj, its just whether ur gonna have the commitment to shed out for vinyl cause its a fair bit more expensive than mp3s
but in terms of just pure enjoyment and ease of use id say turntables

but then i am pretty biased

Back
Top Bottom