Turntable Isolation

rewerx

I work as a sound tech in a couple of clubs and have been searching for the perfect device to isolate the turntables to prevent feedback and improve sound quality. Unfortunately I've had problems sourcing isolation platforms for club use. I've looked into replacement feet, specifically the Isonoe isolation system but its obviously quite pricey and things like that tend to have a habbit of going missing. So was just wondering if anyone knew of any companies that manufacture/supply platforms for this sort of application or had any other alternative isolation methods whether diy or buy it.

Cheers

Already on concrete slabs but still the feedback comes! The whole booth is made of wood and tbh is one massive node, there's currently a couple of turntable size cushions on top of the slabs under the decks which were apparently made for the job, and although they prevent feedback (i'm guessing due to the amount of air in them), they really don't offer enough stability to be able to calibrate the turntables correctly for optimum results, let alone cut/scratch. The FOH speakers are a reasonable distance away (apart from the monitor) and aren't directed toward the booth. I just need something stable that separates the turntable from the surface as much as possible. Maybe acoustic treatment foam?

Last edited:
Tennis balls cut in half under each foot. Trust me.

1004934ih0.jpg

bit thats cut facing down. So technics are on the curved side. Although theoretically i cant see it mattering too much :/

Back
Top Bottom