Tunes with delayed drops

A friend and I were having this conversation last week. Second drop of Basement Track does this but the phrase starts when it drops instead of starting when a normal track would drop. Does anyone get me?

Eg: Raise the Roof has 2 bars of silence at the beginning of the phrase but Basement Track has two bars of delay after the end of the breakdown, and then a new phrase begins afterwards.

Recluse - unexplaind

but all the tunes can be mixid just cannot be cued straight from the edge .. .

There are shit lot of tunes like this and they are far more pleasant to play when you know them, than normal tunes where you do a standard double drop

As mention before in this thread Calibre - Drop it Down has one, although the "drop but not actually a full drop" period is half the length of most the song posted here.

shy fx & t power - mercy

hard to explain but it drops before it drops...

Motion - The Bells (Second drop)

Used to double drop this with Number 1 VIP back when jump-up tickled my fancy, a nice little switch halfway through the quiet bit sounds tasty!

dillinja remix when the sun goes down

[youtube]WSVbpuu6i1k[/youtube]

this 1s drop isnt really delayed but the drop is filthy.

[youtube]jLbo1XGz1H4[/youtube]

So what are people on about here? just a slight millisecond difference or like several bars early than a typical 8 bar phrase? What I mean is demonstrated in this track, used to always fuck up my mixing at first and had to learn the structure of the song to drop it properly.

When the bridge kicks in it lasts for 42 bars instead of 48 bars (6 * 8 bars) at least i think im explaining it right, havnt done music theory for ages lol

Alix Perez- Stray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynZUVtlMYYA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom