Tunes to tump in your motor

Swan'e Style

Hollyoaks Bizness
VIP Junglist
What tunes do u like to rinse out in your car so every cunt
can hear it , personally I like the old skool jungle , some heavy AWOL sets can really produce some bass , mickey finn's especially , anybody else.....

bit of a pointless thread , but sod it

I spent quite a lot of money on a good loud system for my car, so live tapes arent the best since my system just makes the quality sound so much worse which is a real shame coz I like good MCing but its DJ sets and CD's all the way for me.

As for style, I Usually go with jump up or liquid DJ mixes, the dark stuff just makes me so angry towards other road users :missile:

I don't usually play dnb in the car, too fast and aggressive for traffic. Usually I'll play some hip hop like Jurassic 5, Cru Da Dirty 30 or New Flesh For Old, or I'll play some old skool detroit techno like Kevin saunderson, Derrick May, UR, Carl Craig, etc

I like to blaze tru da town centa in me tricked out mota bumpin Diana Ross - I'm Comin Out.

Wen me roll tru it's murda!

I think he meant steppers. Pre Ed Rush music is generally relaxing no matter the speed :teeth:

on the open road, with a nice feeling, the heavy stuff can be wicked to drive with. But you dont want it too dark, thats true.

for traffic, anything that makes you feel a bit lifted I guess. like maybe even pop music. go on admit it people :teeth:.

I've got two cars, one a Mini Cooper S and the other a Honda CRX Del Sol.

In the Mini (city driving) I keep mostly jazz and smooth dnb (Progression Sessions, etc) to keep me from getting angry. In the Honda (weekend driving), I listen to hiphop and jump-up/ragga with the roof off. I wouldn't drive around pumping The Game from the Mini because I'd look like a gay idiot, not just gay.

I used to have a Renault Megane, in that car I'd play the chavviest shit imaginable because it was a chav-mobile. I had an okay sound system in it but it was also a bit Sussex. I'm seriously thinking of buying a high-end sound system for the Mini or Honda, 0 distortion, audiophile quality but I think dnb would sound crap over it.

The fastest I'd ever driven for a longer period was in a Mercedes C350 (AMGed) and that was listening to early Pendulum - rain, night, everybody else in the car asleep, around 240 kph. Scary.

My fiancee once beat her record driving non-stop 200 kph for three hours (try not going below 200 kph) to the sounds of the Ez Rollers...

I use my car as the testing ground for mixes I have made. Cause i got a big sub and expensive stereo it highlights any short fallings in my mix ... such as poor equalizing althought this is a rarity .... ensuring that when you guys get it, it has already had a road test (quite literally) ;)

This weeks rinsed disks in teh whip!

Dj Shadow - Essential Mix 2001

or:: Scarface - Call Me Mr. Scar Face

and maybe a little Al Green or Marvin for good measure

Dug out some old skool Andy C tapes in my car this week. So much quality old tunage. Shame about the quality of the tapes :0(

oohhhh love the old school andy c mix cds, especially dnbarena mix! bodyrock/hive./concorddawn, crank that dial right up! aright.

... but um, ok, admit, tis in the toyota wish :(

I
I used to have a Renault Megane, in that car I'd play the chavviest shit imaginable because it was a chav-mobile. I had an okay sound system in it but it was also a bit Sussex. I'm seriously thinking of buying a high-end sound system for the Mini or Honda, 0 distortion, audiophile quality but I think dnb would sound crap over it.

Whats that mean?? I live in sussex and I dun even know what your on about!

Yeah and unless its well mixed down and mastered, D&B does sound a bit crap on high end stuff. Still worth investing in some decent quality shizz though!

i blaze congo natty tunes in the car cos those tunes just get u goin with dem jump up basslines and ragga lyrics. also like to listen to old school blackmarket and hyper d sets cos they just get u all lively even if u in a bad mood.

i blaze congo natty tunes in the car cos those tunes just get u goin with dem jump up basslines and ragga lyrics. also like to listen to old school blackmarket and hyper d sets cos they just get u all lively even if u in a bad mood.

I hear ya, do u know any places i can get some congo natty tunes from 97, vinyl if possible. I gotta alot of nicky's stuff from 97 on tape's but trying to find em all on vinyl now, got a few of his shit on vinyl but its hard to find the classics

Ebay for the vinyl. Its expensive though.

Plenty of mp3s from Congo Natty available via Nu Urban music, Beatport and Breakbeat.co.uk. Serial Killaz are making dnb that sounds back in the day.

If you want ragga and jump up for your car, check out Tedder and Dj Freeze and our Dj Coshh of course.

Back
Top Bottom