Tunes that should NEVER be double dropped

how is dd'in not hard?
Thats like saying mixing isn't hard, you can't possibly think blandly mixin tunes is harder to do than double droppin them

Ive been Djing for 10 years and trust me double dropping isnt hard! Mixing clever mixes and blending tunes properly so that they flow is a harder skill. Yeah if you lisetn to One Nation tape packs all the time then loud brash double dropping is probably your idea of great DJing.

In my experience its people that cant DJ, or dont understand DJing properly that think double dropping is the best thing since sliced Vestax... lol. To be honest i do a lot of double dropping in my sets but only on tunes that sound good anf flow, its a more subtle form of double dropping. Its really not hard. In fact its the most unimagintive way to mix.

A lot of people just double drop any old tune, ofetn it sound crap.

And yeah Djing dnb generally isnt that hard. ..sorry! The physics of beat matching and even keeping tunes in time over breaks with little or not beat structure in isnt really that hard. When you get deep into Djing you see that its the subtelties in the mix that make the difference. Listen to Bukem's sets.

Obviously if you are Djing dancefloor stuff that all has the same structure. ie, build up , kick drum roll.. drrrrrop then you are limited in waht you can do.. thats why I find those sets are so boring to listen to when you arent in a club.

Last edited:
Ive been Djing for 10 years and trust me double dropping isnt hard! Mixing clever mixes and blending tunes properly so that they flow is a harder skill. Yeah if you lisetn to One Nation tape packs all the time then loud brash double dropping is probably your idea of great DJing.

In my experience its people that cant DJ, or dont understand DJing properly that think double dropping is the best thing since sliced Vestax... lol. To be honest i do a lot of double dropping in my sets but only on tunes that sound good anf flow, its a more subtle form of double dropping. Its really not hard. In fact its the most unimagintive way to mix.

A lot of people just double drop any old tune, ofetn it sound crap.

And yeah Djing dnb generally isnt that hard. ..sorry! The physics of beat matching and even keeping tunes in time over breaks with little or not beat structure in isnt really that hard. When you get deep into Djing you see that its the subtelties in the mix that make the difference. Listen to Bukem's sets.

Obviously if you are Djing dancefloor stuff that all has the same structure. ie, build up , kick drum roll.. drrrrrop then you are limited in waht you can do.. thats why I find those sets are so boring to listen to when you arent in a club.

nothings hard if you know how to do it!, mixing is a skill no matter how you do it, sayin people who double drop don't now anythin bout mixin is bolux. I agree u shoudnt dd every tune just for the sake of it, they have to be planned out and timed correctly.

..any saying keeping tunes beatmated over a bar of silence or near silence isnt hard?? Surly has to be harder than keeping it beatmatched when theres another solid beat to keep timing to?

Anyway all have our opinions, sounds like we both like double dropping (but not all the time) but you think its easy and thats where i beg to differ.:smash:

Back
Top Bottom