Tunes of 2009

If Noisia - Deception comes out this year it will hands down be the single best track of the year for me

Heavyweight and Chubrub definately deserve a big mention though, both already achieved classic status imo

Also I feel that Sub Focus - Vapourise deserves a mention for one of the most innovative and original tracks of the year, although I'm afraid to say I don't see it being played much in the future, but a fucking wicked track none the less

2009 has been a decent year, definately a few high points where certain producers have really upped their game of late (Jaydan, Sub Zero, Lomax, Spectrasoul etc.) but also some very big low points (THE END OF THE END :()

I've also recently heard that Herbal is closing down? Not 100% if this is true or not but it's what I've heard?!

Perhaps with the mainstream emergence of artists like Chase & Status (Sub Focus you know you're next mate! ;)) drum and bass will become a lot more popular and acceptable meaning that places like "The Den" (The End for those who don't know) and Bar Rhumba will start putting dnb nights on again, we can only hope

I've also recently heard that Herbal is closing down? Not 100% if this is true or not but it's what I've heard?!

Perhaps with the mainstream emergence of artists like Chase & Status (Sub Focus you know you're next mate! ;)) drum and bass will become a lot more popular and acceptable meaning that places like "The Den" (The End for those who don't know) and Bar Rhumba will start putting dnb nights on again, we can only hope

i heard about Herbal closing recently too. Something about licensing issues. Shame really, its a bit of a sweatbox but i've had some good and mainly mashup nights in that place

Couldnt go to The Den though. It would taint my last memory of The End, which was the last ever Ram. It'd be like sleeping with your mates sister. Its just a bit wrong...

any jaydan, sensai, heist tunes they've smashed it this year. oh and netsky is amazing. am i the only one that thinks heavyweight is good but is still only just a standard roller really nothing special. and dont give me some technical bullshit reply that doesnt really matter when you listen to it

i wouldnt know where to start, winter sun, heavyweight, has open page been released? loads. too many to mention tbh.
id have to be hypnotised and asked for a straight answer, lol.

if johnny l released dreamin that would do it for me hands down, i just love the track so much, i heared utah jazz remix and its not bad but its not the original!

Last edited:
There were so many amazing tracks this year:

Spor - Aztec
Ed Rush & Optical - Magical Thinking, G-Force Jesus
Sigma - Positive Vibes
Sub Focus - Splash, Last Jungle
Brookes Brothers - Last Night (not even sure this one is from 2009)

And I see a lot of people already mentioned Heavyweight. I'll come back to this thread if I remember any more.

Last edited:
I think "Heavyweight" goes without saying as perhaps the tune 2009 will be remembered for. Really, hearing it on a proper system is a life-changer.

"Beautiful Lies" and the Apex remix of "Just One Second" have certainly been trailblazers for the liquid game and solidified Hospital at the top.

"Aztec" kills it every time.

METH081 takes the vote as 12" of the year. "Four Points" is banging and "Guardian" is one of the most soulful things you'll hear all year.

Someone mentioned "Snakefist" and I'm surprised more people haven't said it. I mean, really, who hasn't loved this track when it goes off?

2009 was a great album year. Logistics' album has some tracks that are certainly not going away any time soon. 1984 is ingenious and the Sub Focus album, slag it all you want, has tunes that are quickly becoming classics.

Lots of breakthrough artists in 2009 to look for bigger and better things from in 2010. Netsky, Serum, Dirtyphonics, Spectrasoul, Nero, even Original Sin as he's coming into his own and finally stepping away from that damn drum kit...

Back
Top Bottom