Tunes Advice....

willz

Hello guys

right i've been asked to dj at my friends 18th and she is having it at a rented out night club in our local town, so in a effort to please everybody she wants me to play a bit of everything. So I've got all the house, dance and hardcore sorted I'm just struggling with d&b, so what i need is some suggestions on tracks that will get people up on the dance floor that might not usually listen to it. So far ive got charty stuff like pendulum and a few hip hop covers like high contrast - gold digger and that snow patrol cover but i need to fill an hour, so some suggestions would be awesome

cheers guys,

wills

Thought id leave this to the DJs but no ones replied..

From my point of view if your mixing to a non dnb crowd then its not worth trying to convert anyone, especially if your playing house and dance too!

So saying that id stick to what you was already going with, remixes of more mainstream tunes and a few from the Pendulum boys to 'break it up' so to speak.

Check out some other High Contrast remixes and have a hunt for some bootleg ones too.

I'd say your on the right track with Pendulum and High contrast... Can't go wrong with a little bit of Subfocus and maybe TC. I would just stick to stuff with lots of Melodies and synths, everyone can dance to that!

Did you want us to name specific tunes?
And also... Are you going to try and play 4 different genres in one hour? :|

I'd say your on the right track with Pendulum and High contrast... Can't go wrong with a little bit of Subfocus and maybe TC. I would just stick to stuff with lots of Melodies and synths, everyone can dance to that!

Did you want us to name specific tunes?
And also... Are you going to try and play 4 different genres in one hour? :|

lol no mate that would be nuts, no im doing a six hour marathon for her birthday, should be fun. And yes some specific names would be great

also cheers for the input JC i would prefer not to play dnb to a not dnb crowd but she tells me her mates like everything so thats what shes getting

Get confessions! ;)

see sig - dark asylum 001 got trancy uplifting vibes, as well as dirty amens and nasty ass bass!

get orn eeeet hahaha, most people would like that tune

Get confessions! ;)

see sig - dark asylum 001 got trancy uplifting vibes, as well as dirty amens and nasty ass bass!

get orn eeeet hahaha, most people would like that tune

shameless plug there zeal, lol, love it i would play it if i was playing to a dnb crowd but i need some more accessible tunes if you see what i mean

ps lovin tremors & Dial tone, when are they out?

High Contrast "If We Ever" & his album "Tough Guys Don't Dance"
Influx Uk "Its Love"
Logistics "Now More Than Ever" LP
Nu:Tone & Natalie Williams "System" (Matrix & Futurebound RMX)
TC "Deep"
Apex - "Space Between" (feat Ayah)
High Contrast - "Everything's Different" (Calibre remix)
Shy FX "Feelings"
Marky & XRS "LK"
Just a few i can think of that work well in a party, that won't be full of the usual DnB heads.
Hope these help

High Contrast "If We Ever" & his album "Tough Guys Don't Dance"
Influx Uk "Its Love"
Logistics "Now More Than Ever" LP
Nu:Tone & Natalie Williams "System" (Matrix & Futurebound RMX)
TC "Deep"
Apex - "Space Between" (feat Ayah)
High Contrast - "Everything's Different" (Calibre remix)
Shy FX "Feelings"
Marky & XRS "LK"
Just a few i can think of that work well in a party, that won't be full of the usual DnB heads.
Hope these help

:ditto:

Try:
Matrix & Futurebound - American Beauty Remix
Candi Staton - You Got The Love (Hold Tight Remix)
Future Sound Of London - Papa Nu Guiny (High Contrast Remix)
Axwell - I Found You (High Contrast Remix)

Ive found that remix's and bootlegs go down well with a no dnb crowd as its songs that they know

if u feel like turning it up a notch on the grime-o-meter:

the force - dropzone
limewax - 1/2lb
dj hazard - busted
dj hazard - mr happy
tc - game over
tc - warhead rmx
that ladies night tune, forget who its by
qemists - stompbox (that'll go down real well)

if u wanna chill it out a lil i suggest:
anything by martsman (step up specifically)
rufige crew - is this real
dj die - slowburn, other side is sick too
jenna g w/ chase n status - in love (u gotta buy an ep for that tho :\)
logistics - together vip
clipz - work it out vocal

hope this helps :)

shameless plug there zeal, lol, love it i would play it if i was playing to a dnb crowd but i need some more accessible tunes if you see what i mean

ps lovin tremors & Dial tone, when are they out?

no one picked them up dude!:coffee:

:(

Back
Top Bottom