(TUNE) the betrayal

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Stiffer, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Nice beats, snare could do with being a little punchier / phatter, but other than that I like the beats. At certain parts it sounds to me like your bass isnt following any real rythym that could get the ravers groovin if you know what I mean? The actual sound of the bass is great but it just seems to be missing something, cant put my finger on it though!

Apart from that, good job

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

sounds really nice over here mate ;)

4. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

cheers for the comments guys, this is only a days work on it and am trying to see if people are feelin the vibe,, this is kinda new ground for me in terms of production, i got a lot more technical when it came to the bass with lots of automation and resampling... did it work?? sounds good to me but i've over heard it... you know what i mean guys any more tips, any guys that produce in this style?

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I've listened to this a few times now, and what I said before about the bass not fllowing any sort of rythym....I take back. Dunno what I was thinking to be honest. Maybe it was all the automation of it that threw me off to start with. Have you thought about maybe having the bass with no automation in it, leading up to the drop. Then on the main drop throw the automation in there to switch things up? Just a thought.

But the more I listen, the more I like it.

6. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

ha cheers man, i dont often post on here but i'll try make sure i post the finished thing..
    the bass sounds quite flat without the automation.. its the filter that gives the character to the sound but i was thinkin of resampling again and lowpassing with a touch of distortion and adding some little slices of the new effected version here and there.. i also think it needs some pads/fx to keep it moving but as i said its work in progress

cheers for the listens though mate its nice to have fresh opinions

7. technic1210

technic1210 ''VINYL VINYL VINYL''

the sounds are wicked and the beats are sweet and crisp,but the bass and sounds themselves arnt loud enough,like they need bringing fowards from the background they sound like they are in,if that makes sense.but i like it.

8. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

yeah man i think the bass needs turnin up a bit, i'll look into that

cheers for the listen and comments