Tune that rips loop from DBR UK & Skeptical - Hexton gets airplay on 'Noisia Radio'

Vydx

VIP Junglist
This is rather amusing...
To any artists out there trying to make progress with your own tracks I personally don't mind if you sample anything at all from our releases if it helps you progress production wise especially, having something built / ready to go can help out with the benchmark of where you need to be, but keep / use it for practice purposes. The early roots of this music were built on sampling so it's all good generally, but to take an entire (and very full) loop extract from a track (albeit a recent release on the label), add a couple of sounds of your own and then send it on to prolific artists in the scene for potential air play is a bit of a cheap move and will make you look lame more than anyone else I dare say.

I'd be grateful if any of you out there didn't do it, it's clearly noticable and comes across as a really cheap shot all round. There's plenty enough established artists out there making really decent sample packs (containing e.g. loops of built up layeyed drums on their own, single hat loops, snares, a range of sounds and basslines etc etc) all with the purpose of helping anyone elses own productions progress probably even faster than the way their own might have done years ago - and they're selling them at a really cheap price per pack too... That'd be where I'd go to.

Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/AntTC1/posts/992791684128430

Thanx for this thread... an hour later discovered myself reading a ten year old doa thread about some guy called Bluthunda who sped up Breakfastaz breaks tunes and pretended that they were his own creation - apparently dj fresh was just about to play them at fabric before it was pointed out.

I'm all in for loosening some intellectual property regulations, but blatantly just ripping off without giving any credit whatsoever disgusts me.

Thanx for this thread... an hour later discovered myself reading a ten year old doa thread about some guy called Bluthunda who sped up Breakfastaz breaks tunes and pretended that they were his own creation - apparently dj fresh was just about to play them at fabric before it was pointed out.

I'm all in for loosening some intellectual property regulations, but blatantly just ripping off without giving any credit whatsoever disgusts me.

I was just reading the exact same thing. :teeth:

As for this, Ant took this like such a champ, many would have completely shat on this dude's career.

Funny that comes from a guy that put out a clone of "The Nine".

Dunno why people get so upset about this, he clearly copied some of the stuff and it's not good but it's only a demo, compared to the other track above. Guy has even apologised etc. so no need to publicly humiliate the guy. humiliate is a bit harsh but it's not to his favor that's for sure. Shame this took this route.

Funny that comes from a guy that put out a clone of "The Nine".

Dunno why people get so upset about this, he clearly copied some of the stuff and it's not good but it's only a demo, compared to the other track above. Guy has even apologised etc. so no need to publicly humiliate the guy. humiliate is a bit harsh but it's not to his favor that's for sure. Shame this took this route.

Funny middle ground this one. While a similar pattern & sound may be followed he's not taken a full section of a tune and used it as his own has he?

like that festival large room house kid martin garrix, his animals track was just half loops and ripping bits from other large room house tracks

though its still out of order, i was expecting to hear him rip the whole intro or something, all he took was 1 bars of drums? though you can hear from the other elements in the track the guy can still produce so why he would do this is odd!

Oh, I didn't intend to shame anyone really, just thought it was a rather funny turn of events and figured I'd post it here. I already hold Ant in high regard for his contributions to the scene, and this incident makes me respect him continually cuz you can tell how chill Ant really is, as others have mentioned, he liked the tune and probably would've played it out if it wasn't for the direct snatching of a full loop from Hexton. In addition, Noisia seemingly didn't know about the original tune, I guess you could say they really like Hexton now! :razz:

Also apparently the offending tune was not a lone wolf :teeth:

Oh, I didn't intend to shame anyone really, just thought it was a rather funny turn of events and figured I'd post it here. I already hold Ant in high regard for his contributions to the scene, and this incident makes me respect him continually cuz you can tell how chill Ant really is, as others have mentioned, he liked the tune and probably would've played it out if it wasn't for the direct snatching of a full loop from Hexton. In addition, Noisia seemingly didn't know about the original tune, I guess you could say they really like Hexton now! :razz:

Also apparently the offending tune was not a lone wolf :teeth:

Anyone got a link to his SoundCloud? Apparently, this guy also ripped that recent Noisia-Ivy Lab collab.

Funny middle ground this one. While a similar pattern & sound may be followed he's not taken a full section of a tune and used it as his own has he?

it is not enough manipulated. It screams the nine - even if it might not be straight copy. It's not a free release, it's a licensed track.
The guy copied a drum loop not denying it, it's bad but it's a demo and therefor not needed to comment about it publicly IMO.

I find Hexton to be a clone of Total Science & SPY - Ploc Monster. Same exact idea at 2:15:

it is not enough manipulated. It screams the nine - even if it might not be straight copy.

But it's only a similar sound / arrangement. They've not borrowed actual music from the track. It's like saying 2 drummers from 2 different bands can't play the same drum patterns?

You're also discrediting the entire creation of D&B through the amen break and the likes.

I get your point but the fact it was released upfront as an ode (with no original samples), most were cool with it.

problem was the drum loop was like the main part of the track, made it incredibly obvious to anyone who new the original

Of course especially as Hexton is fairly new! No one is denying that but so is it obvious that Direct Approach is a copy of The Nine. I don't think it's more valid of an argument? And I didn't see anyone from badcompany calling out people on facebook with a statement. It's unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom