Tune that defines Drum N Bass

theone

Just say no to dubstep!
VIP Junglist
What tune defines drum n bass? Only one tune allowed. If someone who has no experience of dnb asked you to tell them a tune which would sum up dnb in one tune which one would you pick?

This thread might have done before but I cant remember it. If it has been done then ignore this thread.

For me it would be Warhead. The original is such a simple but amazing tune. The TC remix is a disgrace imo and is no credit to such an immense tune.

I know it's a really obvious choice... but I think it would have to be something like Renegade Snares (foul play remix).

I could probably come up with a better, deeper tune but I would have to think about that a bit...

Think i'm gonna have to say Rufige Kru-Terminator, was gonna say what James posted or Apollo-Atlantis.

@ Jameszero, 'I could probably come up with a better, deeper tune but I would have to think about that a bit... ' how can you say that about Renegade Snares, thats blasphemy ;o)

Last edited:
@ Jameszero, 'I could probably come up with a better, deeper tune but I would have to think about that a bit... ' how can you say that about Renegade Snares, thats blasphemy ;o)

haha, you know what I mean! I just thought it was a bit of an obvious choice.

he he all jokin aside tho, ide have to say 'atlantis' or 'renegade snares' . tis quite a hard question maybe 'if we ever' as it does pretty much define a good dnb tune.

*after reading, ide have to agree inner city life is the one!!

also worth noting:

Hype - Peace Love and Unity

Capone - Friday

Roni Size - Trust Me

Ganja kru - Gone are the days
Nookie - Sound of music (foul play)

meh its hard to narrow it down... i can think of loads.

Fecking tuuunee.

The one that defines it for me has to be brown paper bag, has got everything slow build femal vocal male vocal wicked bassline and a typical dnb beat and when the chick goes eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee into the drop :rinsed: also was a good crossover tune and still sounds fresh today as it did in 98 I think yea brown paper bag ftw:)

Back
Top Bottom