Tune Structures

U

User 66273

Hello everyone, I've been following this forum for a while now and decided to register!

I would like to know what 'tricks' you guys use to put tracks in at the right place. When I'm mixing, i pretty much know for every tune when the 1st drop drops, but the second one is more tricky.

Any ideas how to remember tune structures? How do you guys know the structures for the tunes you play? I guess you just have to play loads and remember but was wondering if there was an easier way haha

Thanks

Listen to your tunes again and again and again and again. Then you will know every intricate detail of your tunes and, therefore, be able to mix in and out of them effortlessly.

a mate tought me to think of it in taxmans haha. one taxman = 32 bars. so a typical jumpup/taxman tune would prolly go. 1 taxman intro. 2 to 3 taxman drop. 1/2 taxman build up 2 taxman drop half taxman outro or summat. but you can "read" vinyls by looking were the grooves change (darker and lighter) its pretty simple once you figure that out.

Try mixing two tracks together over and over except drop at different points each time to find the best mix
I tend to just practice certain mixes over and over and just remember where to drop the other tune
It's usually about the same time for most tunes, structures generally remain similar

unfortunatly i think ur just gonna hav to learn how long ur intros are, but like muzza said you should be able to see the drop on the vinyl if you are using turntables that is!! if ur on CDJs anyway u shud be able to learn ya tunes

i remember how many bars the intro & the breakdown got and look on the vinyl.
for cds you can say, 32bar drop= 40sec 48bar drop=60sec. and the breakdown comes mostly between 2:00 and 2:30

also good to know: almost every tune got a 32bar breakdown!

i remember how many bars the intro & the breakdown got and look on the vinyl.
for cds you can say, 32bar drop= 40sec 48bar drop=60sec. and the breakdown comes mostly between 2:00 and 2:30

also good to know: almost every tune got a 32bar breakdown!

Dangerous to generalise though...loads have 16 bar breakdowns now, or even ones that don't properly conform...can be a nightmare if you just mix without prior, decent knowledge of the tune...

Back
Top Bottom