[TUNE] Soek - Oolb

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by ali^, Jun 10, 2010.

1. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

been working on this tune for quite a while now, just about happy to call this the final edit!
    spent a while on the mix down but if there's any thing you think could do with sorting let us know, as i'm planning on playing this on a system at a local night
    :D

http://soundcloud.com/soek/oolb

2. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

yeah i like this man, bass is wicked! definatly give it a go playing it out.
    personally im finding the beat may be over compressed? im not playing it very loud so its hard to tell properly but snare sounds like it could be too weak coz of compression. if no1 else finds that then ignore me!

i guess you are producing in reason like me?

3. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

i think you might be completely right mate, i'm not THAT fond of the compressors in Reason but I havent had access to cubase in ages so no VST plug ins. I'll probably be fixing that now, thanks for listening, The Miser is fucking chaos btw

4. Baas(Bays)

Baas(Bays) New Member

wayyy too much compression on ur kick and snare. U completely got rid of any punch left in them. After the drop its sloppy and unoriginal :\ Seems like the advice u gave me applies more to ur own tune than mine.

5. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

ahaha sore! only listenin on headphones but i thought it was alright. snare sounds quite forcefully restrained cos of comp i guess. tbh cant really hear anything but the beat in these shit headphones, but the beat i like, lots of changes ups so (y)

6. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

calm down mate, the only thing i said was "hey dude, i can see what you're going for but, i still think you need a lot more life in them drums, and try to use a few different sounds throughout to keep it interesting, if you're gonna make a basic melody you've gotta keep it interesting"

I didn't mean any offence by this but obviously it hasn't been taken that way, I appreciate your comments on the compression, it seems that's what must be adressed, could you let me know why you think it is 'sloppy and unoriginal'?

7. Baas(Bays)

Baas(Bays) New Member

Well thats why I was offended, you gave hardly any effort into your comments on my tune. Some vague criticism which is not helpful and not taking my tune seriously.

What I feel is sloppy and unoriginal about ur tune is this: the bass sounds too plain and theres no real texture to it. You jump back between two different bases which is cool, but the actual melody ur playing and the bass sounds themself are just too plain. Its not somethin I could feel and get into on a dance floor. Its not dark or happy or anything really passionate and deep.