[TUNE] Silkworm - "Blurred"

Gotta say, you really nailed it on the pads and the sub. It's awesome :)

One thing though, before you 'pimp it out'. I would change the kickdrum. The sample simply doesn't really fit the style in my opinion. It is a mellow kick, allright, but I'm not really feeling it. Maybe some longer sample, or more bass would do the trick. I don't know, but it's very clicky and easily mingled and confused with your snare if your not really paying attention for a sec. And when this happens you kind of miss the dnb feeling. Well.. big text, but small detail. Try some stuff with the kick, that's it. I like the song anyway ;)

I like the pad and synth arrangement you've got going on. Lots of movement with both and that keeps my interest in the tune.

The snare needs to punch through a lot more in my opinion. I can't tell if it's clashing frequencies with another sound or if it needs to be layered up a bit.

Personally, I'd like to hear some more "action" at the drop (2:45). Something like a light arpeggiator to really drive the groove a bit more. Just my .02.

Agree on the snare, it almost sits right back in with the perc. Great track tho man. Really enjoyed that.

sick track. i think ur chords are a bit too loud, i'm listening very quietly atm, and they are the most prominant aspect, thats the probly what is causing the issue with the snare, causing the compressor to clamp down to much and sucking the snare back into the mix, take a few db of those chords and it should open the sound up allot

Yes I think this may be the case actually. Listening back to this I think the snare needs to come up a tad, and EQ those chords a bit more, smooth them out a bit and drop the volume.

Will work on this...thanks

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Personally, I'd like to hear some more "action" at the drop (2:45). Something like a light arpeggiator to really drive the groove a bit more. Just my .02.

Actually, not a bad idea, I was thinking this area needs a bit more detail. Nothing major, in the background, to quicken the tempo in contrast to the chords..that might work, then I can carry it on after the drop.

Yes I think this may be the case actually. Listening back to this I think the snare needs to come up a tad, and EQ those chords a bit more, smooth them out a bit and drop the volume.

Will work on this...thanks

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Actually, not a bad idea, I was thinking this area needs a bit more detail. Nothing major, in the background, to quicken the tempo in contrast to the chords..that might work, then I can carry it on after the drop.

hurry up then! i wana hear this on F1 this weekend :D

Ok, I've made some changes to the snare and chords to iron out some of the problems some have mentioned, hope its sounding better now.

Very cool stuff. Loving this whole slowed down vibe that seems to be going on atm. Jumping on the same bandwagon myself too, already got some stuff bubblin. Cool work with the chords and pads, and I really don't mind that they seem to be a bit louder than what is considered the norm. Gives it a much more laid back feeling.

Back
Top Bottom