[Tune] Pushing through (rolling, liquid DnB)

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
So after having good ol writers block for nearly three weeks now, I've finally managed to string something together.

I'll be the first to admit it's not my best, and it needs work, but this has got me through the blank stage, and already my next piece is starting to form. So I am grateful this track happened, and got me through it. It's aptly named Pushing Through.

Just thought I'd share it with you guys anyway.

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/dimenzion-x-pushing-through

mate.. my soundcloud is having a serious fucking relapse.. and it will NOT play your tune, ive tried it several times and rebooted my PC and still nothing.

promise i will check this tomoro and feedback or as soon as im on the forum and soundcloud is working.. might do it from college 2mo if i get a min. sorry man!

yeah thats pretty neat man, liked the bits of verbd percussion in the intro maybe the pad was a little bare by itself could of had some more little sounds n tings

kick drum has a really nice punch to it and the beat sounds good (or would sound good) i actually cant hear it properly besides the kick drum because the sub bass is cutting it out, seems far too loud in the mix and cuttin the beat out.. different speakers init.. but yeah i like the vibe, the beat and the high-passed bass sound good, but the mixdown waasnt great

Yeah to be honest I didnt really spend much time focusing on the mixdown. This was purely a way of pushing past my writers block that I had. I'm in the process of working another track, which I'm spending more time on, and it's flowing nicely.

Just thought I'd post it here anyway, seems to be pretty quiet recently, thought something is better than nothing for you all to listen to....

Yes mate, loving the little tease of the conga drums in the intro and all that eary, spacious sounds you got there.
Not feeling the filter you use before the drop though, and that snare you use, sounds a bit out of place to me.
But after the drop man, i like it alot! the little synth you got going on! thumbs up! :)

The Intro is lush. Dang.. that drop is badass!!! Bass is too big and is robbing a lot of your space in the mix. The KD is cutting through nicely regardless, but your SD is having hell finding it's way. I see that you didn't worry about mixdown too much because this was simply a tune to get through your Writers Block... but imo, I'd work on this Mix and get it sounding tight because the track is nice and deep.

4:07 - 4:12 (there are some pops and other artifacts during that timestretched section... not sure what's going on there... sounds like your Host farted during the render?..)

Great way to start off a Progressive Mix imo. The Bass is badass, just needs to be tamed.

:jammin:

Back
Top Bottom